+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Did anyone notice the bodacious tata's?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Budwzr,

That's what Russ Meyer's movies are known for. This movie is called "Super Vixens" and this is one of my favorite scenes. Russ Meyer's is known for his choppy editing style which I find distracting so I'm doing a little editing to lengthen the shots and cut our extranesous shots.

You can find Trialers and snippets of Russ Meyer movies on Youtube if you want to find out more.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Did anyone notice the bodacious tata's?
    Sure. Clint has a fine pair.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was raised on AutoGK, so I never had to learn this stuff, thank goodness.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by presto View Post
    Thanks DB83 and jagabo. For some reason these interlaced froameds really jump out at me at the edits when viewed in Windows Media Player. I have been looking through the settings in Pinnacle to see if I can cause it to cut at the Iframes but I dont' find that setting. I have used Ulead in the past but I think the way Pinnacle does things is more intuitive.

Last night as an experiment I deinterlaced using handbrake and saved as mp4. Pinnalce studio handled mp4 a little strangely as far as editing. I would make cuts and then the clip wouldn't contain what it should. SO....I had Pinnacle output the video as mpg. I then put the mpg back into Pinnacle and it handled it fine. When I made a few sample edits and looked at them in Windows Media Player they did not have those fflashes at the edits. So that pretty much solves my problem.

I'm sure this sounds like a messy solution to you (and it is) but it seemed to work for my needs. I'll continue to try to learn about ITVC. Thanks for all the help.
    You're wasting your time. This video is telecined. Get out of Pinnacle Studio and learn to IVTC and/or deinterlace properly. Without a sample of the original (unprocessed) video, there's not much else that anyone can tell you. The video itself looks otherwise fairly clean, but IVTC and QTGMC are not that difficult to use.

Understand that nterlaced/telecined video on a computer doesn't "play" the same way it does on TV. USing Windows Media Player to watch those videos is far from the best way, as WMP has screwy deinterlace and 3:2 playback. Try VLC Player and set interlace to auto & "yadif" in VLC Preferences .
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 08:04.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    Try VLC Player and set interlace to auto & "yadif" in VLC Preferences .
    I would start with "bob" as that's less demanding and less prone to errors. Move on to Yadif 2x once you are satisfied that is working.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sanlyn,

I mispoke in the quote you replied to. Handbrake has a detelacyn setting. I accidently called it deinterlace. It seems to have worked for my purposes at the moment.

I'm very interested in learning to do things properly and get the best results so I'll continue to learn about the programs you guys have suggested. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I put a little effort into Super Vixens - Super Vixen DVD Decrypter VideoRedo.mpg, posted earlier. Supposedly unprocessed, according to the post. Cleaned spots, streaks, and other junk from 30 frames. The most obvious were a disturbance and blotch in frames 23 and 24, and embarrassing spots and sparkles in 60-61, 115-117, 158-159, 212, 278-279 (frame numbers from the original mpg). The attched mpg is inverse telecined 23.976 DVD. To make it it 29.97 fps, just encode with the 3:2 pulldown that was removed. It has to re-encoded anyway.

I used several plugins to clean up the detritus, including some very low-power NeatVideo and a little work on the crushed levels and QTGMC for interlace artifacts. Some filters were arbitrary, there being a multitude of ways to clean dirt, macroblocks, etc., but the main secret words were:

Code:
    TFM(order=0).TDecimate()
    RemoveSpots()
    QTGMC(preset="fast",InputType=1)
    SangNom()
    ReplaceFramesMC(18,2)
    ReplaceFramesMC(122,2)
    ReplaceFramesMC(126,2)
    # -------- for NeatVideo and RGB gamma fixes -------
    ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec601",interlaced=false)
    # --------- fix borders and center the frame  ---------
    Crop(3,0,0,0).AddBorders(0,0,3,0)
    Main reason for putting in this effort was the cute Super Vixen. And for Art, of course. Ahem.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 08:06.
    Quote Quote