VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello!

I ripped a dvd to xvid and I got an avi file of 800MB, 55min, 700:570 resolution

I want to upload this in my facebook account

is it possible? do I have to edit it somehow before I can upload it? if yes, what programs and which modifications do I need to do?
    or is there a way to upload it elsewhere and link it to my facebook page and make it available from there?

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For someone else to watch it online?.....no.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    where does the "no" does to, actually?
    Quote Quote  
  4. These are home movies, right?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not sure if it matters, but no, they are TV recordings (for which I have the rights to upload)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How would facebook know you have those rights? And without them knowing, their pattern-recognition upload-checking software will flag the file as "copyrighted" and not allow it. End of story.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, then I will upload home made dvds

how do I do that
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by ecos View Post
    I ripped a dvd to xvid and I got an avi file of 800MB, 55min, 700:570 resolution.
    My suggestion is to give up the idea since you don't know what you're doing and the world doesn't need any more crappy videos uploaded to video-sharing sites.

Why do I say this? For one reason, you created a 700x570 video. Leaving aside the fact that XviDs compress more efficiently in Mod16, you made it with an aspect ratio of 1.23:1, and no known (modern) videos use that ratio. I'll take a wild guess and say you're from a PAL country and just kept it as roughly the same ratio as the source 4:3 PAL DVD. When the final ratio should be more like 1.33:1, or maybe 640x480. Don't people look a bit tall and slender to you?

So, I'd suggest you use a program designed for beginners, one such as AutoGK maybe, to make your videos. After you learn how to make decent-looking videos, then maybe foist your work on the world.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is just how it popped out of bitripper...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Something tells me you adjusted the AR & resolution fields (probably others, too) before hitting "GO!". Better to use the "Keep original AR" and "Keep original resolution", etc. Assuming Facebook works similar to Youtube, they're going to recompress it to their own spec anyway.

If you have "rights" to upload, why not tell us which title(s) you're referring to?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there is no title, it is an interview I gave in a channel
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    55 mins thats along interview must been reel interesting dont see that being a prob but the internet peeps seem to want to jump all over you think your makeing money out of it or sumit give it a go if they bloke it you could allways interview yourself on web cam make it funny use transcrypt and play both parts that would be kind of funny
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what's the fkin wrong with you people, I just need the technical details! ignore the purpose, aaarrrggghhh!!

PS: 55min including ads
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What's "wrong" with us is that maybe, we don't want this site to catch HELL because of something that could be considered illegal/banned activity!

Let's say you were in a interview on the Discovery channel. Some talk show called, "Today in our EcoSystem", for example. Well, just because you happened to be interviewed - surprise, surprise: The SHOW still has the exclusive rights to what it considers it's property, regardless of who's in it. Unless you were given WRITTEN permission, what you're wanting to do would then be a NO NO. Both on the Facebook site, and us giving you suggestions on THIS site trying to circumvent that right they claim.

If you were up front with us, we could help much more with the tech details. Your choice...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. you only allowed to upload 10 min of video to facebook
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    convert it to mpg use mpg2cut cut out the parts you want only do one edit at a time reload file affter each edit then open file 1 in mpg2cut add files useing add file option and then savethisclip they will out put as one file then you can convert it to any type file you like upload it hope that helps or you could just upload it as mpg what ever
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if its a vob file dvd file you wont need to convert it
    Quote Quote