VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Received the two disc DVD set (2012 version) and tried to make a personal back-up copy.

Tried to make a personal back-up copy of disc one with Handbrake, it crashed. Tried disc two, Handbrake crashed. I know the movie is chapter 33 (out of 99) on disc one (43 out of 99 on disc two), but Handbrake won't show the chapter list either. When I insert the disc and Handbrake starts reading the disc, I want to hit "cancel" but it's greyed out.

Tried to make a personal back-up copy with RipIt. Tried choosing the correct chapter on disc one but RipIt won't show the chapter list. Tried to let RipIt copy (rather than compress) the disc, it gets to 100% and just sits there, never completes the rip.

I'm on an iMac with latest OS. Handbrake and RipIt are both latest/greatest version.

I'm looking for any suggestions/help. Thanks
    Last edited by jcbear; 13th Sep 2012 at 11:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    needs mac user help
    Last edited by aedipuss; 13th Sep 2012 at 12:41. Reason: spelling
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks, reworded.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Another newbie who doesn't understand that his Mac specific post MUST go in our Mac forum to get help.

I will contact a mod and ask for it to get moved. I know of Windows solutions to your problem but I can't help you with a Mac.
    Quote Quote  
  5. you got it, first timer, thanks for letting me know. I'll copy/paste into Mac forum.

Appreciate the directions.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum,i deleted your other thread.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi jcbear,

I am not a MAC user ... but reading thru some sites it suggested may be contacting RipIt team and see why it stops at 100% ... and does not Finalize?

Also you can try Mac DVDRipper Pro and see if that works ... I think you get 5 Free unlimited tries ... before you decide to go for it or not.

G!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it can take weeks for new releases to be "doable" by rippers. it takes time to update the programs and not all are done forthwith.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try ripping the DVDs with the OS X version of DVDFab HD Decrypter.

To be honest, I'm not sure about doing it with Handbrake. I think it may not (or the components it depends upon) may not be able to handle all of the possible DVD protection schemes out there.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote