VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Greece
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.
    I want to make my 3d mkv 1080p sbs files triger the AUTO 3D MODE and not needing to press the 3d button manually every time i play these kind of files.

    I was already try this switch stereoscopy there is at mkvtoolnix 5.8.0 without any results



    Any suggestions/solutions please....
    Last edited by fits79; 12th Sep 2012 at 02:20.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2001
    Location: Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    Hi.
    I want to make my 3d mkv 1080p sbs files triger the AUTO 3D MODE and not needing to press the 3d button manually every time i play these kind of files.

    I was already try this switch stereoscopy there is at mkvtoolnix 5.8.0 without any results



    Any suggestions/solutions please....
    Maybe if you rip your own Blu Ray of Avatar instead of trying to work with a downloaded WAREZ version you'd have better luck?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Greece
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe this is MY own bluray disc i have ripped and take some minutes to test it on my tv...

    Maybe if YOU DON'T know then you don't criticize...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2001
    Location: Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Yea...you just happened to store it in your JDownloader folder...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Greece
    Search Comp PM
    The folder i put my own movie or parts of my movie IT IS MY THING ONLY AND I CHOOSE TO WHAT FOLDER SO I LIKE TO NAME IT THIS.

    SO PLEASE DON'T ANSWER TO MY TOPIC BECAUSE YOU ONLY WANT TO SAY YOUR THING AND NO HELP.

    PERIOD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2001
    Location: Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    SO PLEASE DON'T ANSWER TO MY TOPIC BECAUSE YOU ONLY WANT TO SAY YOUR THING AND NO HELP.

    ......answer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I couldn't get either my TV (Samsung) or Bluray player to automatically switch to 3D mode playing MKV files. Neither would recognize video using the mk3d extension (I had to use mkv instead). I don't think there's any way around having to manually press the 3D button on the remote and I seriously doubt it's anything to do with the origins of the MKV file.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search Comp PM
    Still don't get it, fits79? (See other previous runaround threads...)

    3DBD out via HDMI 1.4 using FramePacking includes the SEI signalling which alerts the TV to go automatically in 3d mode.
    To replicate this feature in other, non-3DBD formats would require a player (hardware or software) to understand those other 3d-ish file formats (including mk3d) and their stereo layout possibilities and to generate the corresponding appropriate SEI signalling out via the HDMI.

    Your best bet here would be Stereoscopic Player, and if it doesn't already do this, you will just have to wait.
    Or write your own software player app. If you do go that route, I have plenty of suggestions for you...

    Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 15th Sep 2012 at 03:30.
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Greece
    Search Comp PM
    As you see he post above you IT ISN'T MINE....
    Quote Quote  
  10. If you're playing the files directly from a USB drive using the TV's inbuilt media player then there's no HDMI involved. As the media player in my TV is quite capable of playing MKV files containing a variety of video/audio types and it's 3D capable I didn't think it unreasonable to check if it'd recognize mk3d files and/or at least the stereoscopy info saved to the MKV container and automatically put itself into 3D mode for the types of 3D it supports. Not that I really expected it to, and it didn't, but I'd feel a little foolish if I hadn't tested it only to discover it would at a later stage.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search Comp PM
    Media player apps in STBs/TVs are notoriously LIMITED in their scope, compatibility and functionality. Adding the requirements of 3D awareness & subformat flexibility in those players makes their likelihood that much rarer.
    Particularly with a company like Samsung.
    Could happen, but I'm not holding my breath. That's why it is best to conform your assets to known CE industry standards where you "share the weallth", and this holds for 3D as well. Better to promote a "general MM 3D architecture".

    Scott
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  12. I agree it wasn't too likely the TV's built in media player would be "3D aware" when it comes to MKV files, but it certainly has no problem playing SBS3D correctly, it just requires you to manually press the 3D button on the remote. Not that it bothers me. After-all you need to press the button on the glasses to connect them to the TV too.

    I don't know if it tends to be country specific as I've read a lot of negative comments regarding TV media players in this forum in respect to their limited abilities. I own a Samsung TV and a Sony Bluray player (pre Cinavia) and both will play pretty much any AVI/MKV/MP4 I throw at them, so in Australia at least, media players in TVs/Bluray players seem quite capable. My only real complaint regarding the Samsung TV (and there's a Samsung Bluray player in the house which is the same) is it doesn't respect MKV/MP4 aspect ratios, whereas the Sony player does.
    On the other hand, and whether you'd class it as a CE industry standard thing or not, DivX HD certified devices should have the same abilities no matter where you are. There's one of them in this house (Sharp TV). It's the only one which won't play DTS audio in MKV files (DTS support is optional for DivX HD). I've not tested it's abilities much though as it's not my TV.

    I'm not sure about the CE industry standards thing or if we're just not on the same page there. Not unless AVI capable DVD players are a CE industry standard, or the ability for Bluray players to play MKV/MP4 files is a CE industry standard etc. I generally use my PC as a media player so I've not thought about "standards" in a long time, especially as I've not bought a device in years without first checking to see if it'll play the files I own, or at least the ones I want it to play, CE industry standard or not.

    Recently the media player I have installed on my Android phone dropped DTS support due to licensing issues. CE industry standard or not, good riddance. The less devices which support DTS the more likely people will use AAC and the more likely CE Industry Standard devices will support it too.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2000
    Location: Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't discuss warez releases. Buy it on blu-ray and it will work.

    Posts removed.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Greece
    Search Comp PM
    All the forum is full of these releases and now you bother about that?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search Comp PM
    Yup (self-preservation). Have you learned nothing?
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I agree it wasn't too likely the TV's built in media player would be "3D aware" when it comes to MKV files, but it certainly has no problem playing SBS3D correctly, it just requires you to manually press the 3D button on the remote. Not that it bothers me. After-all you need to press the button on the glasses to connect them to the TV too.

    I don't know if it tends to be country specific as I've read a lot of negative comments regarding TV media players in this forum in respect to their limited abilities. I own a Samsung TV and a Sony Bluray player (pre Cinavia) and both will play pretty much any AVI/MKV/MP4 I throw at them, so in Australia at least, media players in TVs/Bluray players seem quite capable. My only real complaint regarding the Samsung TV (and there's a Samsung Bluray player in the house which is the same) is it doesn't respect MKV/MP4 aspect ratios, whereas the Sony player does.
    On the other hand, and whether you'd class it as a CE industry standard thing or not, DivX HD certified devices should have the same abilities no matter where you are. There's one of them in this house (Sharp TV). It's the only one which won't play DTS audio in MKV files (DTS support is optional for DivX HD). I've not tested it's abilities much though as it's not my TV.

    I'm not sure about the CE industry standards thing or if we're just not on the same page there. Not unless AVI capable DVD players are a CE industry standard, or the ability for Bluray players to play MKV/MP4 files is a CE industry standard etc. I generally use my PC as a media player so I've not thought about "standards" in a long time, especially as I've not bought a device in years without first checking to see if it'll play the files I own, or at least the ones I want it to play, CE industry standard or not.

    Recently the media player I have installed on my Android phone dropped DTS support due to licensing issues. CE industry standard or not, good riddance. The less devices which support DTS the more likely people will use AAC and the more likely CE Industry Standard devices will support it too.
    Yeah, I don't understand a brain-dead mentality (oxymoron) that can't just press 2 buttons to get things to work.

    It is country-specific regarding standards compliance & feature set. Australia seems to have better consumer protections in alot of their electronics devices, so you lucked out.

    Don't diss DTS too much, it's the only straightforward digital avenue to "bypass" Cinavia at this point.

    BTW, the bit about HDMI doesn't necessarily have to apply to only HDMI. If the "player" in question is on-board on a TV, it provides it's own SEI signalling without the need for HDMI (though it might use a similar "dedicated/trusted" path) to the Compositing Engine section of the TV.

    Scott
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand a brain-dead mentality (oxymoron) that can't just press 2 buttons to get things to work.
    It's no biggie to me and I'd accepted it just doesn't work, but now it would appear it can I'd really like to know how. Plus it's never just a matter of pressing two buttons when my parents play 3D video in MKV on their TV. It invariably involves a trip to the other end of the house and a reminder as to which remote has the two buttons before getting to the "pressing button" stage.

    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    It is country-specific regarding standards compliance & feature set. Australia seems to have better consumer protections in alot of their electronics devices, so you lucked out.
    I don't think it's anything to do with protections. In fact going by the posts I read here our devices seem more likely to play a wider range of files than players in the US. The Sony and Samsung devices play pretty much anything (when it comes to the common AVI/MP4/MKV video and audio combinations) but the Samsung devices don't display anamorphic MP4/MKV correctly. The Divx certified Sharp TV is more fussy. I don't think it'll play DTS audio (it's not my TV but I'm fairly sure it won't). And of course the disc capable players can play PAL and NTSC discs.

    I wasn't really intending to diss DTS as such, I just don't use it much, but Cinavia isn't a problem for any of the playback devices in this house. There's two Bluray players which are used regularly for playing MKVs so they'll probably never have their firmware updated. If playing newer discs becomes an issue (I haven't watched anything by playing a disc in years myself) I'll probably just buy a cheap player to dedicate to that job so Cinavia won't matter.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads