VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have many flv files that play fine on the Applian FLV Media player, but then there are a bunch that are labeled with .flv at the end, but will not play. I will get this message on the Applian player:

No suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

First, I don't know what VLC is, and the audio format I thought was .flv

Any ideas to help me out there? Thank you.

If there's a way to answer my thread and get it to my email that would be wonderful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look inside the flv container with media info. Chances are, it's some odd proprietary codec that's missing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like Applian may actually be using an outdated version of the VLC player (either that, or you have an outdated version of VLC installed), that doesn't quite know how to handle or recognize all of the possible codecs that can be used in an FLV.

If possible, update Applian (if that's indeed using an outdated version of VLC) or consider using a different player that views the FLVs correctly.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just downloaded a newer version of FLV 3.0, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for since I'm not that computer literate. If there's something that needs updating, like VLC, I'm not sure how to tell what version I have or where it's located. Maybe I'll try to find a player that will play flv files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Older codec, VP6 or the like. Try FFdshow with MPC-HC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried downloading VLC player, and that also gave me this message for several of my small movies
    No suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

What is "undf"? It says you can't fix that, so are these particular videos being coded that way so you can't copy them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by tielfeathers View Post
    What is "undf"?
    Use MediaInfo and find out.
    Quote Quote