VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Now that I have a faster connection I've been watching HD YouTube videos but find that at 1080p full screen the image falls apart - i.e. it looks like the various parts of the image aren't all together giving it a blurry look. It's particularly noticeable when there's a lot of rapid movement. This doesn't happen with 720p full screen.

Any suggestions why this might be happening and how it can be fixed?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sample URL? Screen cap?

I have seen any problems. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W194GQ6fHI
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Sample URL? Screen cap?

I have seen any problems. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W194GQ6fHI
    Yes, I do see it here, though since the movement is relatively minimal it's not as pronounced as on some vids I've seen.

Wonder if it's some setting on my video card software or maybe the card isn't up to the job? Running an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try turning hardware acceleration off/on in Flash Player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    bring up taskmanager and see how well it's downloading and whether or not the cpu is hitting 100%
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That Geforce 8600GT is really not powerful/fast enough for your current needs.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. An 8600 GT is sufficient for 1080p30 from Youtube. A Core 2 Duo is sufficient for 1080p30 software decoding too. The video I linked to is 24p, ~4000 kbps average, 12000 kbps peak.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try turning hardware acceleration off/on in Flash Player.
    Went to Flash player in control panel, don't see any option for hardware accel.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Do you mean screen tearing (see the picture in the link), or does it look like something else?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I made the discovery that the issue is inconsistent. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. I find if it's happening if I back up a bit in the timeline and resume play it stops doing it. What would be the explanation for that? I've attempted to upload a short avi file to show the issue and then the same section without the issue. The AR is off but you'll see what I'm talking about. Where you see it most prominently is the white lines on the canopy of the jet.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by brassplyer; 12th Sep 2012 at 16:28.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    Try turning hardware acceleration off/on in Flash Player.
    Went to Flash player in control panel, don't see any option for hardware accel.
    Right click on the video while it's playing and select Settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	settings1.jpg
Views:	1545
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	13886

Click image for larger version

Name:	settings2.jpg
Views:	1596
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	13887
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    I find if it's happening if I back up a bit in the timeline and resume play it stops doing it. What would be the explanation for that?
    Not enough bandwidth.

http://speedtest.net/

Look at the progress bar in the screen caps I posted. You can see that the download is far ahead of the player. Playing the 1080p version of that video I have the entire file downloaded before it's played 10 percent of it.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Sep 2012 at 17:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    I find if it's happening if I back up a bit in the timeline and resume play it stops doing it. What would be the explanation for that?
    Not enough bandwidth.

http://speedtest.net/

Look at the progress bar in the screen caps I posted. You can see that the download is far ahead of the player. Playing the 1080p version of that video I have the entire file downloaded before it's played 10 percent of it.
    I'm sure that's not it, I have a 10meg connection which runs between 8.5 - 9.5 megs. My progress bar runs well ahead of the video playback as well. Supposedly 1.5 megs is enough to play 1080p.

So far having viewed a few vids after turning off hardware acceleration in Flash, I haven't seen it reoccur. Will report back.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Sometimes Youtube gets overloaded. Or some other intermediary between you and them is overloaded.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes Youtube gets overloaded. Or some other intermediary between you and them is overloaded.
    I really get the sense it's some kind of issue with the playback - either software or hardware related. Once it's playing right it continues to play right the whole way through and vice versa. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the nuts and bolts of how it all works to really make an educated guess.

It ONLY does it on 1080p full screen, in no other circumstance that I can tell.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Maybe a video driver bug. Have you seen the problem again after switching to software decoding?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another thing to try is another browser. I haven't read the whole thread but is it happening in more than one browser?

If it happens in firefox try chrome. Or internet explorer.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote