VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i really need some help with the unlocking of the dvd player i have. I have had a look at a few site but cant find anything useful. I dont know much about updating the firmware etc and worried i would stuff the player if i change it. Ive seen that you can unlock them with the remotes but i can't find anything to help me do that. If someone can help me that would be great. I also have a samsung BD-D5500 if you could help with that one as well. It a smart player and we have a smart tv to go with it so i found it hard to get the code to work. thanks it is region 4 player, but i want it region free so i can watch the us dvds i have. thanks
    Last edited by poemchick12; 9th Sep 2012 at 20:00.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not all dvd players can be made region free and almost no blu-ray players can. if you didn't find anything with a google search it probably can't be done. you can make region free copies of the dvds and not have to change the hardware.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thank you for your help. I will have another look around and see what i can do. If not i will just make a copy of the dvd
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Only because you live in Australia, you may yet have a chance. We've been told that Aussie law requires that DVD players sold there be unlockable. I'd suggest that you look for a phone number for Pioneer in Australia (some kind of support phone number) and call them. We've had reports in the past of people calling various manufacturers in Australia and being given unlock instructions.

Samsung and Sony players of all kinds, even Aussie ones, are among the most difficult in the world to unlock. You can contact Samsung in Australia about your BD player too but there are no guarantees for it. BD players in general almost never can be unlocked but if you do unlock them, it's usually just for DVD playback.
    Quote Quote