VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, newbie here, been reading here a long time for help, but now needing to post a question myself for help,

Actually, I'm changing the problem but can't edit the title or delete this thread so...

I switched from capturing from DV cam to ADVC110 because I was only getting sound from one speaker,...but now with ADVC110 I am also only getting sound from one speaker.
    Last edited by kracken; 2nd Sep 2012 at 04:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are you plugging into the ADVC110 and how are you plugging it in exactly?

Anyway this is just a guess but it sounds like you have a mono source and it is only picking it up on one channel instead of both.

A mono source would be, for example, a mono VHS VCR that only has 1 RCA output for audio (instead of 2 RCA outputs for audio).
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm plugging it in from my S-VHS VCR into the input of Canopus ADVC110 and I'm plugging both the red and white composite cables into the red and white input.
    Last edited by kracken; 2nd Sep 2012 at 06:40.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hmm, did something in windv and it appears to have fixed it...

I set the configurations in windv to TYPE-2 avi...and now it plays...

However, I've read here over the years that TYPE-2 avi has lots of problems....I think it was with syncing or something...

hopefully i don't have to go use some audio editing software or anything and it works out...because it already takes a long time to record VHS as it is
    Quote Quote