VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. figured out
    Last edited by bja5150; 1st Sep 2012 at 15:21.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bja5150
    was thinking of recording it as I only have one chance to watch it in its early stage.
    Just thought I'd mention the obvious - you have permission to do this right?

If you have access to the computer it is running on you might be better off with screen capture software. Or is this all specialized software and tinkering with it is not recommended?

If you must do external capture go as high as you can. Does it have component output? Even if its standard def recording a progressive signal will be way better. If you can get or borrow a hauppuage hd pvr and use it with a laptop (at least a dual core I would imagine) then you could record the component output in widescreen at up to 1080i.

But just remember you must have permission to do this ESPECIALLY if its a full on commercial endeavor. If its some indie thing that isn't going to be screened anywhere than there might not be as much legal ramifications to deal with - ie just a couple of buddies shooting on their own time......
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I do have permission to view it and do it. the director is letting me see how my footage for now which is cool.
    Last edited by bja5150; 1st Sep 2012 at 15:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bja5150 View Post
    I do have permission to view it and do it. the director is letting me see how my footage for now which is cool.
    Ok. I just wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up.

Since you posted "figured out" earlier on your edit I wish you luck on the project.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote