VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Whats the fastest way to encode or mux a mp4 without quality loss to make it stream to Xbox 360?

I have a few mp4 that wont play in Xbox 360 (i used to convert my mkv to wmv hd and it
    would take 2-4 hours. I found this guide

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_mkv_to_mp4_for_xbox_360.cfm

which mux's or wte mkv to mp4 without very tittle quality loss if any in 15 mins
    top just amazing. I also used YAMB which works but not on all files (do i have to demux? if so how?)
    so just wondering if you y'all know how to take any mp4 and mux/encode without minimal loss of quality but also make it playable/stream to Xbox 360 ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try mkvtomp4 and see if it works better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. nope didn't work, conversion stops 1 min into process.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post the video and audio details from the mkv. Use mediainfo, open mkv, view->text.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you're not opposed to transcoding you wouldn't need to convert at all. Just use tversity, playon or ps3mediaserver and stream the original file to the xbox. You won't need to convert the file that way. The streaming program does it for you. Only downside is of course your computer needs to be on to do it. And its best to have it be connected to a wired router (the router itself can be wireless of course but have it be connected to your internet modem and xbox physically not wirelessly). Unless you have a wifi n network router and xbox n receiver and get a strong signal I would not advise streaming video over wifi (at least not hd video - sd video on non n networks should be passable without too much buffering delays).

Also are these files you are reencoding originally h264? If they are you have no need to reencode to wmv. Use something like winff to remux to mp4 without touching the video. Use gspot or mediainfo to identify the codec of the original file. Also would work if the original file is divx or xvid also.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. What are the settings/presets on mkvtomp4 to make the video file Xbox 360 friendly?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I turned the mp4 into mkv without re-encoding using Mp42Mkvac3 v1.6 and and then used Gotsent which always turns mkv's to stream able mp4's with no sync problems. Also used YAMB and mp4box. All those files (i did 4-5 different encoded) steam on xbox and play on pc but the audio is way out of sync how can i fix this? do u want the media info for the mkv or mp4? or both?
    Quote Quote  
  8. here is the mediainfo text on mp4
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    If you're not opposed to transcoding.....
    Im not opposed to transcoding my pc just cant handle that.
    Quote Quote