VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I have a problem when converting a flv to mkv. The original FLV contains a .h264 file and a timecode.. but the video is in fact constant framerate (29.97003 fps)
    Then I use mkv toolnix to put the .h264 file into a mkv container, set the framerate option to 29.97, and the video becomes 3 seconds longer than the original ! Btw, the 29.97 becomes in fact 29.97062... why is it different than 29.97003? But it doesn't explain the delay of 3 second (for a total length of 12 min).
    Could you help me to fix this issue? I want to keep the original length because the audio progressively gets out of synch while playing the video.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you mux in the timecodes? is there only 1 line in the timecodes (are you sure it's CFR) ?

or you can try ffmpeg

ffmpeg -i input.flv -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  3. No matter if I mux with the timecodes or not.. I always have a delay of 3 seconds
    Can you please have a try? Here is the flv:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?767kvf19p4ndt5u
    You'll notice that the timecodes have a problem.. so it's necessary to remove the first lines.

I'll try with ffmpeg, but I kinda prefer the mkv...
    Quote Quote  
  4. It works ok with the new flvextract (2.0.2) in sync. This new version can remux directly to mkv if you place mkvmerge.exe in the same directory as flvextract
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried with flvextract 2.0.2. and direct remux with mkvmerge, but I still have this delay. Original video is 12:21.. remuxed video is 12:24
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mathmax View Post
    I tried with flvextract 2.0.2. and direct remux with mkvmerge, but I still have this delay. Original video is 12:21.. remuxed video is 12:24
    But remuxed video is in sync isn't it? Do you have a +/- delay? I seek throughout and it' s still in sync (no delay)
    Quote Quote