VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I tried to download london 2012 videos from official olympic channel, there are live streaming videos in replay on demand with 3 different audio channels (natural sound, english and spanish).
    clicking with right button on video it's possible to find the url of every video, but for me it was impossible to download, i tried with a lot of programs as clipnabber, downloadhelper addon in firefox, keepvid, atube catcher and others and others ....
    who can help me? i'm a great olympics fan and i really liked to download some video.
    i post here two sample links of this type of videos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78btYWiv_xM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=920wncLupiE
    i hope someone can help me and explain how to do, thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. any solution?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On this site they suggest to use RipTiger. I don't know if that'll work, haven't tried it myself, but maybe you'd like to give it a shot. Feedback welcome.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DownloadHelper has a separate screen-capture recording method - useful for times like this when the usual download methods fail.

I haven't used it though. For more info take a look here:
    http://www.downloadhelper.net/screen-capture.php
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe riptiger would work, I don't know. Worth a trial though, if you want something bad enough.

I will say, though, that you can't expect to be able to download that type of stuff with free software. That sort of content is actually valuable, and they change the handshaking protocol quite often when it is. Freeware developers are not good at keeping up with new standards. Would you be in their position?

Try to find something that's updated often and pay for it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by leghorn View Post
    On this site they suggest to use RipTiger. I don't know if that'll work, haven't tried it myself, but maybe you'd like to give it a shot. Feedback welcome.
    thanks but rip tiger doesn't work
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by intracube View Post
    DownloadHelper has a separate screen-capture recording method - useful for times like this when the usual download methods fail.

I haven't used it though. For more info take a look here:
    http://www.downloadhelper.net/screen-capture.php
    with this i can capture the video on the screen but how to do with audio?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Under DownloadHelper Settings / Capture tab activate capturing and set audio capturing to speaker mode. Remember to install CSHelper first.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by leghorn View Post
    Under DownloadHelper Settings / Capture tab activate capturing and set audio capturing to speaker mode. Remember to installer CSHelper first.
    thanks, but in speaker mode i capture the audio of my room including a not clear sound of youtube video, there is other way to download the audio or this is the best possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If VDH gives you audio issues you might try Camtasia or Mirillis or Fraps etc. They serve a similar purpose. I've done pretty well with Fraps capturing interlaced VC-1 encodes off Bluray discs. So I guess it'll also work on Youtube videos.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leghorn View Post
    If VDH gives you audio issues you might try Camtasia or Mirillis or Fraps etc. They serve a similar purpose. I've done pretty well with Fraps capturing interlaced VC-1 encodes off Bluray discs. So I guess it'll also work on Youtube videos.
    so far i have never been able to download successfully some olympic YT videos ( the long 3hr + prel QFs ones.)
    the usual bronze and gold medal matches can be downloaded as an mp4 NORMALLY, but some users have said, it is not
    ALL events.

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/capture-stream-nbcolympics-com-t13287p3.html
    try the above method.

plus
    http://stream-recorder.com/forum/nbc-waterpolo-stream-t13435.html?p=52523
    some guy managed to do it on linux, on his own programming.

i am a windows user and hoping the m3u8 method works. LOL
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by quackeroats View Post
    Originally Posted by leghorn View Post
    so far i have never been able to download successfully some olympic YT videos ( the long 3hr + prel QFs ones.)
    the usual bronze and gold medal matches can be downloaded as an mp4 NORMALLY, but some users have said, it is not
    ALL events.

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/capture-stream-nbcolympics-com-t13287p3.html
    try the above method.

plus
    http://stream-recorder.com/forum/nbc-waterpolo-stream-t13435.html?p=52523
    some guy managed to do it on linux, on his own programming.

i am a windows user and hoping the m3u8 method works. LOL
    i don't understand what i have to do, i need a program? how can i install it? and it works with with youtube olympic channel videos? here it talks about nbc videos... ps:me too windows user
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jDownloader works for me... Copy the youtube link and off it goes!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also tried JD. Wouldn't work for me. Didn't get past link analysis
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've made most of my recordings from this content (preferring 1080p or 720p) using Screen Recorder Suite. It works very well and easily, but the result is a lossy video.

You can actually use Video Downloadhelper to save some of the .mp2t files as they click by (a new file appears about every 3 or 4 seconds) and they'll play just fine in VLC (I rename them to .flv because they're actually flash video segments). The video quality is the best I've ever seen in my life, but the challenge is that a mere 10 minutes of video is saved in 130 files!

I downloaded Video Streaming Recorder (another apowersoft product) and ran it on a trial basis. It grabs every single file that streams by without breaking a sweat and names them in sequential order. I "grabbed" a 4 hour long video of Rhythmic Gymnastics while I slept last night and woke up to over 3000 files. Video Streaming Recorder has a really nice set of conversion tools and it can even merge the files, but the trial mode limitation seems to disable any ability to properly join these files.

I've tried several pay-for tools, and virtually none of them even show these mp2t/flv files, but Video Streaming Recorder does.

If you find anything else that works I'd love to know, because the lossless video is to die for.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ffmpeg can do it. Check out this thread:

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50357&postcount=9

In the Firefox Web Console, look for the URL that starts with:

GET http://www.youtube.com/api/manifest/hls_variant/upn/...

That is the one to use. With the Web console open, you may have to click the refresh button for it to appear. Just tried it based on the instructions and it worked like a charm. It generated one 29 minute long .TS file in a couple of minutes.
    Last edited by Gramps; 21st Aug 2012 at 23:35.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    30th august edit:

anyone has experience as to why ffmpeg stops after hitting 1 GB ?
    i thought it would be the same as rtmpdump which stops at 4GB

i somehow unknowingly solved my no space error.
    Last edited by quackeroats; 29th Aug 2012 at 20:09.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by quackeroats View Post
    30th august edit:

anyone has experience as to why ffmpeg stops after hitting 1 GB ?
    i thought it would be the same as rtmpdump which stops at 4GB

i somehow unknowingly solved my no space error.
    I found it's incredibly slow especially for teh higher resolutions (high traffic on the servers?) and it will spazz out and drop the connection long before the end on long downloads, probably not a problem for streaming as it'll just buffer and reconnect but for what we want it's a pain... also FFmpeg doesn't seem to have a "resume" function that I can find (unless anyone knows different?)

Hmm just been checking a good number of the videos can now be downloaded directly to MP4 with the latest version of Download Helper 4.9.9 (Firefox) but some of the others i.e opening/closing ceremonies are only M2PT sequences... not sure whats going on there.
    Last edited by Chug a Bug; 31st Aug 2012 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chug a Bug View Post
    I found it's incredibly slow especially for teh higher resolutions (high traffic on the servers?) and it will spazz out and drop the connection long before the end on long downloads... also FFmpeg doesn't seem to have a "resume" function that I can find (unless anyone knows different?)

Hmm just been checking a good number of the videos can now be downloaded directly to MP4 with the latest version of Download Helper 4.9.9 (Firefox) but some of the others i.e opening/closing ceremonies are only M2PT sequences... not sure whats going on there.
    An approach that may work, depending on your connection

You can download the m3u8 file itself
    open it in notepad full screen and click Format -Wordwrap

Look for sections starting with
    #EXTINF:
    They are the individual segments
    They will look like
    #EXTINF:5.280000,
    http://redirector.c.youtube.com/videoplayback/id/617fbe028285794e/itag/93/source/yt_live_broadcast/sq/1644/file/seg.ts?.......&dur=5.280

In the above, length of segment is 5.28 seconds, and the segment number is 1644

Edit the m3u8 file deleting the EXTINF sections for segment number after (say) 400
    Do not delete last line,
    #EXT-X-ENDLIST
    or the section before the first EXTINF section
    save it with a different file name
    Similarly you can save files with segments 401-800,801-1200 etc

let us say the files are index1.m3u8, index2.m3u8 etc

Run ffmpeg from ffmpeg folder
    ffmpeg -i index1.m3u8 -c copy 1.ts
    ffmpeg -i index2.m3u8 -c copy 2.ts
    etc
    you should be able to join them using tsmuxer

With my connection, I had no problem in downloading a 2 hr 40 min video at 240 p in 35 minutes using ffmpeg without breaking up the m3u8 file, the download is at about 112 fps. At 360 p, the connection breaks in around1 hour, even though the download is at about 50 fps, and the video fps is 25.

I can download normal HD videos from Youtube with videodownloadhelper at 8 mbps (rated speed of my connection)

Many specific events like the 100 m men's final, which Usain Bolt won, are available at Full HD, and can be downloaded with videodownloadhelper.
    Last edited by mgh; 3rd Sep 2012 at 12:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried TubeDigger? Sounds promising...somehow
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tubedigger does not work with these specific videos, it does work with RTMPE videos on Youtube, and may be other sites.

The olympics videos on youtube are either regular ones downloadable by videodownloadhelper and similar stuff, or use The Apple HLS protocol, which can be downloaded with ffmpeg using the m3u8 files. The first file in the list has the m3u8 files for various bitrates.
    The second is the m3u8 file for default bitrate, and when you select a bitrate (resolution), a third file is available, which is the m3u8 file for resolution you have selected.

It may look difficult, especially if you have never used command line programs, but it is not difficult once you have tried a couple of videos.
    FFmpeg by itself is an ocean, you are using only a couple of drops here, which is what makes it easier.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by mgh View Post
    An approach that may work, depending on your connection

You can download the m3u8 file itself
    open it in notepad full screen and click Format -Wordwrap

Look for sections starting with
    #EXTINF:
    They are the individual segments
    They will look like
    #EXTINF:5.280000,
    http://redirector.c.youtube.com/videoplayback/id/617fbe028285794e/itag/93/source/yt_live_broadcast/sq/1644/file/seg.ts?.......&dur=5.280

In the above, length of segment is 5.28 seconds, and the segment number is 1644

Edit the m3u8 file deleting the EXTINF sections for segment number after (say) 400
    Do not delete last line,
    #EXT-X-ENDLIST
    or the section before the first EXTINF section
    save it with a different file name
    Similarly you can save files with segments 401-800,801-1200 etc

let us say the files are index1.m3u8, index2.m3u8 etc

Run ffmpeg from ffmpeg folder
    ffmpeg -i index1.m3u8 -c copy 1.ts
    ffmpeg -i index2.m3u8 -c copy 2.ts
    etc
    you should be able to join them using tsmuxer

With my connection, I had no problem in downloading a 2 hr 40 min video at 240 p in 35 minutes using ffmpeg without breaking up the m3u8 file, the download is at about 112 fps. At 360 p, the connection breaks in around1 hour, even though the download is at about 50 fps, and the video fps is 25.
    You're a genius. Thanks!

N.B watch out for the repeated HLS key i.d. strings, you'll need them all if you want to authenticate. In the videos I've looked at there are 3 of them. The first is easy enough to spot it's in the header but there are 2 others scattered randomly thoughout the segment list.

Also joining video1+video2+video3 together in Ts Muxer resulted in a lot of warnings... and it turned out the audio got heavily out of sync with the video. My trusty VideoRedo H264 copy sorted it out but it reported a LOT of removed and some added audio frames. Not sure if theres a freeware alternative, I might try AVIdemux later.
    Last edited by Chug a Bug; 15th Sep 2012 at 16:09.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guy it works for me. BUT it seems that the connection is reset with a certain interval and FFMPEG stops downloading. I managed to download a 16 GB video, but had to restart from scratch 5 or 6 times. Is it possible to set a restart point ?

This is the URL-Link :
    http://www.youtube.com/api/manifest/hls_playlist/id/8762ace426a1b45a/itag/96/source/yt_live_broadcast/ratebypass/yes/cmbypass/yes/playlist_type/CLEAN/maudio/1/pmbypass/yes/upn/4Fkg14ADarE/sver/3/ip/84.86.104.21/ipbits/8/expire/1347865992/sparams/ip,ipbits,expire,id,itag,source,ratebypass,cmbypas s,playlist_type,maudio,pmbypass/signature/71BD1DC2968B2790A478E9B022EF3C411AE9D440.5B6810588 500D3116A1B405508CCF4788BD0C692/key/ck1/file/index.m3u8

Gracias, thanks

Lance
    Quote Quote  
  24. 16gb is very good going I couldn't get anywhere near that.

You can't resume per se but you can edit the segment file .m3u8 as explained above and download chunks of it at a time. Download say an hour's worth at a time, thats around 700 segments for a 1080p video. Repeat until you've got all the chunks and then combine them.

N.B. you'll run into audio de-sync if you have to join, theres no easy way around that afaik, I used VideoRedo to clean up and fix.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chug a Bug View Post
    16gb is very good going I couldn't get anywhere near that.

You can't resume per se but you can edit the segment file .m3u8 as explained above and download chunks of it at a time. Download say an hour's worth at a time, thats around 700 segments for a 1080p video. Repeat until you've got all the chunks and then combine them.

N.B. you'll run into audio de-sync if you have to join, theres no easy way around that afaik, I used VideoRedo to clean up and fix.

Good luck.
    Thanks Chug. BUT How to download the m3u8 file ? I see the link in Firefox (CTLR+SHIFT+K) but don't knowh how to get this file in Wordpad.

Gracias,

Theo
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok ik have managed to download the index.m3u8 file and edited it so it will start with seq 3000.

However :

ffmeg -i index3000.m3u8 -c copy 3000.ts

still results in seq 0 and so on.

What am I doing wrong here.

Thanks in advance

Lance
    Quote Quote  
  27. You have to open index.m3u8 with Notepad or some similar text editor and edit the segment list. Keep the original index.m3u8 file safe somewhere -

Remove all the segments after say, 700 so it goes 0-699. Save as index1.m3u8
    Reload original m3u8, remove all segments except those numbered say, 700-1399. Save as index2.m3u8.
    Reload original m3u8, remove all segments except those numbered say, 1400-2099. Save as index3.m3u8.
    (Do not delete last line - EXT-X-ENDLIST)
    etc

ffmeg -i index1.m3u8 -c copy video1.ts
    ffmeg -i index2.m3u8 -c copy video2.ts
    ffmeg -i index3.m3u8 -c copy video3.ts
    etc

Rinse and repeat until you've finished. Join Video1+Video2+Video3... etc after you've finished.
    It's all mentioned by mgh above.

N.B. there are 3 HLS key i.d. strings scattered throughout the segment list DO NOT delete them or move them around - they need to be present to authenticate the download. If you get an "invalid" error message it's because you've removed or messed them about, in which case you'll have to start again.
    Last edited by Chug a Bug; 19th Sep 2012 at 13:26.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Chug a Bug.

STILL for some reasons it always start at the beginning of the videofile.

Please have a look at this m3u8 file (the original, renamed to txt)

I can cut off every group of segments but the result is always that the downloaded video start at segment 0

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

Lance
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hello,

I load these youtube videos into browser, in the cache directory of browser is storage the streaming files. These file has no extension, format is unknown. The IE is storage as .ts (transport stream), but not valid .ts, because none of the programs should not be interpreted.
    These stream files are complete files - in my opinion - because the some (many) character in beginning of the files are same in all files. These characters may be the format description. But the TrID (file identifier) is not detected.
    These files are encoded? What program uses the youtube for the displaying? Download any program to my machine? The source code of the page is too complicated, not clear for me, filled with comment, may be misrepresenting contains anyunnecessary parts.
    I can imagine this.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hi to all,
    now it seems that video streamings about London 2012 on Official Channel are unavailable. I get the message "An error occurred, please try again later", but I can see the small thumbnails moving the cursor of each video (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ZQjiXYnFA )
    Is this happening also to some others?
    The fact that the thumbnails are loading anyway, can mean that the video is still online?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote