VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I'm at my wits end trying to sort this out.

I have some MP4 movies the are in the wrong aspect Ratio (640x256) and look stetched out, they should be 16:9.

If I use VLC player and select the aspect to 16:9 the movie looks fine. My problem is I can't find a program that will do what VLC player does (on the fly) and convert the movies to the right aspect ratio.

I've tried using HandBrake but can't figure it out. I don't know much about video encoding to understand all the options and I don't know the correct width & height of 16:9.

All I need is a program with a click of a button change movies from one aspect Ratio to another (VLC does it).

Any help would be great.

Many thanks
    Jason
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use VidCoder (which is based on HandBrake but much easier to use) and resize to 640x360.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you Mike, Worked like a dream
    Quote Quote  
  4. You shouldn't have to re-encode video to fix the aspect ratio. YAMB will resave MP4s while changing the aspect ratio along the way (although I think it needs you to specify the pixel aspect ratio rather than the display aspect ratio) and MKVMergeGUI will do the same for lots of file types, as long as you don't mind resaving them as MKVs.
    Quote Quote