VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Need a little help please. Ok the wonderful staff at Monoprice.com helped me choose which wires i needed. My pc is 43 FT away from my Samsung 2012 55 inch LED tv. I learned how to switch on the computer which monitor to use, but its a pain to monipulate since im so far away without seeing the tv. Question is, how would you guys deal with this situation. If i can find a wireless mouse/keboard that extends 50ft away, can i then use my tv as a monitor, i will be using it more on movies, i want to mount my iso movies and view on tv.Thanks all for the help. Hope i explained correctly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am surprised that you can even get a decent picture over a 43 ft cable run. You do not state what type of cables these are.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Your Samsung probably supports DLNA. If you only want to watch video that is on your PC then you can use a DNLA server such as Samsung's AllShare Media server, Serviio, Mezzmo, TVersity, XBMC, etc. With that technique you connect with WiFi or LAN Cable to your PC and select the video from your TV.

There are long range keyboards that work up to 100 ft but they are expensive. Do a Google search.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks i use now Samsungs Allshare, but Allshare does not support ISO dvd files, i have 500 dvd ISO files, the cables i use now that i tested last night were : 6ft mini-hdmi to hdmi cable going into an extender which extends 2 50ft cat6 wires, that goes into another extender which i add the cat6 cables to it, then i run it as hdmi-hdmi to the tv. I did a search on wireless keyboards, any good ones you can recommend. Again thanks all for the help.
    Quote Quote