Light Alloy - is a completely free, compact multimedia player. It supports all popular multimedia formats. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.
The main feature - it is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Like fast video rewind, load subtitles, make bookmarks in the list or on the timeline, preview window on timeline, select audio tracks and subtitles in multilingual films, minimize to tray, infrared remote control (WinLIRC), make screenshots. The brightness/contrast/saturation of the image van be adjust, it supports multimedia keyboards and has full support for DVD/Blu-ray (except BD menus) and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
* Built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs), as well as custom codecs for the selected video formats, has full support for subtitles (with the ability to specify the time shift if the subtitles are behind or ahead); has minimal start time;
* Full support for DVD/Blu-ray (except BD menus) and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
* Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely..
* Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
* Volume control, timeline display on the control panel.
* Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, audio shift.
* Unrestricted display size with or w/o aspect ratio alignment.
* Audio and video filters configuration.
* Supports playlists with the possibility of placing bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline; can be configured to display or hide the duration, can generate a table from the playlist (for movie collectors), save/load a playlist, get screenshots from the video (including the DVD).
* Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
* Show detailed info about playing file, copy to clipboard any fields of data or all the info at once.
* Rich reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
* Easy to use media-oriented "add files" dialogue.
* Video settings can be saved per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
* Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
* Timeline preview function, like on YouTube, with posibility to change preview window size.
* Possibility to show battery charge when AC-mode is off.
Available in different languages
Light Alloy is freeware. You can use it in any way you want and do anything with it, according to your conscience.
Download (Setup | Portable)
There are many screenshots available. They are devided into four sections:
* button menu's
* settings menu
* right mouse button menu of the control panel
* playlist menu.
For all your questions there is a (Russian) support forum available with an English section.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 28 of 28
Last edited by TheDutchJewel; 18th Feb 2013 at 13:09. Reason: Title version updatedthedutchjewel.defcon5.biz | light-alloy.ru/en
Full support for dvd and blu-ray with menus?
Adding it to our tools list under video players.
Last edited by Baldrick; 8th Aug 2012 at 04:50.
Last edited by TheDutchJewel; 8th Aug 2012 at 05:40.thedutchjewel.defcon5.biz | light-alloy.ru/en
So it is still buggy as hell ... nice skins though .
>and blu-ray with menus?
Nope, I didn't have implemented blurays menu support, yet.
>So it is still buggy as hell
Can you please be more specific?
I have already tried that.
Baldrick, can you add me to Skype? My skype login: internat1onale
I'll try to understand what issue do not let you switch subtitles in your BD.
Baldrick, can you please make a ~50-300mb bluray with menu sample? I'll try to implement support for bluray menus, but didn't found any available sample to download.
I can't see any subtitle tracks if right click control panel->subtitle but I can select if I right click on the subtitle icon. But even if I have selected a subtitle track I can't see any subs.
I'm using the portable version.
What's exactly you don't like? Can you please be more specific.
P.S. Did you visited Preferences (F10)->Mouse category?
> behavior when i click right button mouse in screen dont open menu,
This is done due to let a user click on video panel to show/hide control menu + caption so user will see just clean video frame. You can click on control panel or player's caption to show pop-up menu. But if don't like it, you can easily change it: Preferences->Mouse, see "Right Mouse Button" drop-down box.
>maybe in future i work in Light Alloy
Can't wait to see it If you will have any problems with understanding what one or another option means in Light Alloy, you can add me in icq/msn/skype (my contacts can be seen in "About Light Alloy->Credits" window, F1 hotkey) and I with love to answer all your questions.
Regards, Dmitry Koteroff.
I'm watching the program, I'll take a look at this version and see if I can change this behavior. Thank you.
I will gradually translate the Player, where I find the last language file to translate? It may be coming in software?
>I will gradually translate the Player, where I find the last language file to translate? It may be coming in software?
Yes, most updated language files comes with software. But, its just at the moment of release and if no any beta/rc versions available.
Final version 4.7.0 will be released in next 2-3 days, so I suggest you wait till release, and then you can grab installer or portable version and translate it (language files you can find in la_installfolder\Langs).
And would be nice if you publish your translation in this section: http://www.light-alloy.ru/forum/en_translations/
Ok, but I could not register there, I tried but asked to confirm a figure, but it does not appear.
Last edited by Havokdan; 3rd Feb 2013 at 02:40.
>Ok, but I could not register there, I tried but asked to confirm a figure, but it does not appear.
Doesn't appear? o_O
Can you post a screenshot of how your browser see LA forum's index page?
I found the problem, I should be using some addons that blocked the image in Firefox, Opera appeared, thanks.