VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How are you going to repair bad frames and other processing in m2v? After you clean all these m2v's -- or even if you don't work on them with Avisynth -- how will you join them to make a new DVD?
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 07:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    How are you going to repair bad frames and other processing in m2v? After you clean all these m2v's -- or even if you don't work on them with Avisynth -- how will you join them to make a new DVD?
    I intend to use the m2v files as raw material.
    And on this raw material that I will work.
    And from that raw material I will create avi files from without compression.

Then I'll turn the avi files to one part with another video editor.

From what I gather from you, you're telling me to work on raw material that converted to avi. But in that case I fear to loose quality in the raw material.

EDIT
    "How are you going to repair bad frames and other processing in m2v?"
    I've done this and there was no problem to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Create AVI without compression? You can create uncompressed AVI, but Lagarith and Huffyuv are both lossless. Your AVI will be 3 times the size of Lagarith or huffyuv. This is confusing when you say "Then I'll turn the AVI files into one part". What will be the format of that part? You will go from AVI to m2v and have another collection of m2v files? What does your "other editor" do?
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 07:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    Create AVI without compression? You can create uncompressed AVI, but Lagarith and Huffyuv are both lossless. Your AVI will be 3 times the size of Lagarith or huffyuv. This is confusing when you say "Then I'll turn the AVI files into one part". What will be the format of that part? You will go from AVI to m2v and have another collection of m2v files? What does your "other editor" do?
    I did not mean to say "without compression". It FAIL of google translate. I mean with compression but bit of lose compression quality.

It would be the almost-final stage.
    These avi files will be finished (all patches and other things have already been made)

Then I'll turn the finished avi files to a one part of more compressed AVI file.

That's the plan:
    1) work on any m2v part (perform the image processing witch the filters in VirtualDub) and then to convert to avi part with compression with bit(small) of loss of quality
    (All avi file will Be a bit large. But not huge because it's still compression.)
    2)put the pieces of finished (avi files) in editing software such as AVS Video Editor. and then create one avi and with some compression.

I'm not going to create a new DVD disc ..
    DVD disc is like a tape for me. We are a new technological era in which there is no use with disks.

I use DVD because it does something the computer can read.
    Computer can not read tape.

I will not use the DVD for another purpose.

During this period, other players replaced the DVD and they do not use the disks. We have xtreamer Player that plays AVI files like a computer ..

So I just want to create a avi file to play it on the xtreamer Player.
    Last edited by gil900; 8th Aug 2012 at 13:32.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, I see. That's up to you. I don't think DVD and BluRay are going away. But let us know how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  6. OK.
    in my home DVD really goose away.

i have only one 8GB disk without using for year ..

Maybe I will burn on that old disk the final avi file.
    Last edited by gil900; 8th Aug 2012 at 14:39.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok I did what you said ..
    I created the m2v file and the mp2 file from all the VOB files.

Then I run the software VirtualDub-MPEG2.
    And loaded in the software the m2v file and the mp2 file.

But the problem with the sync still remained.

the length of the mp2 file is 2:00:43
    and the length of the m2v file is 2:00:28.800 (this info from VirtualDub-MPEG2)

It should not be like this..
    Last edited by gil900; 8th Aug 2012 at 14:31.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok I solved the mystery!

I had to shorten the time of the audio file so the Time of the
    audio will be just like the time of the video.

The problem is that I did not
    shorten properly. But that's okay .. The mystery was solved.
    Now just need to know how to do it right
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How do you know the audio is at fault? It could be the video. But this confirms my suspicion that the problem was in the recording. In any case, making both parts play for the same duration is what you need to do. I have never used VirtualDub for that. I've always used AssumeFPS() in Avisynth. According to your description of your workflow, the final output of the project will be AVI, no matter how you look at it.

You should be able to examine each VOB with MediaInfo to look at the video and audio time. One (or all) of the VOBs might have the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    How do you know the audio is at fault? It could be the video. But this confirms my suspicion that the problem was in the recording. In any case, making both parts play for the same duration is what you need to do. I have never used VirtualDub for that. I've always used AssumeFPS() in Avisynth. According to your description of your workflow, the final output of the project will be AVI, no matter how you look at it.
    Yes, after I wrote the post I thought about this possibility ..
    So I need to test it in real-time with the tape machine

Then know what to fix.
    Then I'll need your help because I do not know how to fix
    Quote Quote  
  11. OK this settings:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	40071799.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	13395

slove the problem

The question is if this is true.

What do you think?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I know "Change frame rate" is there. Your video is slightly off speed. To be exactly on pitch, it would be 24.976 fps. Because I almost always make basic corrections in Avisynth to start (I capture in AVI, not in DVD), I would have corrected it before going to VirtualDub.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    Yes, I know "Change frame rate" is there. Your video is slightly off speed. To be exactly on pitch, it would be 24.976 fps. Because I almost always make basic corrections in Avisynth to start (I capture in AVI, not in DVD), I would have corrected it before going to VirtualDub.
    I did not understand what your "yes" means..
    So it still not right or it is right?

If it is not right, then what should be done? Repair time audio and video time together?

this is pal and not ntsc(If it means something)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I mean yes, I am familiar with the "Change frame rate" control. If the adjustment works, use it. I haven't used it, so I can't advise.
    Quote Quote