VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having so many problems with trying to save my DVD movie library to my external hard drive. All the support offered so far are in languages that I can't understand or seems to need a Phd in computers to be able to get the job done. I want a simple and straightforward method that even I can understand. I want to be able to just insert my disc and simply save the movie to my external hard drive to be replayed on my computer. Simple.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDFabDecrypter

Guide for above:
    http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/225/59/
    Quote Quote  
  3. If all you're looking to do is copy DVDs to your hard drive to watch, then try SlySoft's AnyDVD, or DVDFab HD decrypter.
    (Personally, I prefer AnyDVD - but you have to pay after the free 21 day trial).

Incidentally, SlySoft are based in Antigua
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Mike. I will give it a try and get back to you. Talk about co-incidences!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am still having to open the video TS folder. I am looking for some way wherby I just click on the name of the movie in the hard drive, and it runs automatically. Is there any way that can be done?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Your best bet it to re-rip the DVD and take "Movie Only"(no extras, one language, no menu, etc etc), then run that VIDEO_TS folder through VOB2MPEG (also free). That will give you one, large MPEG2 file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi hech54. Thanks. Your suggestion works. However, there are 2 issues that I would like to discuss. 1. Is there anyway that I can get the mpeg file exactly as it is on the dvd? 2. What happens in the event that I want to burn a copy from my hard drive onto another DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by king bandit View Post
    Hi hech54. Thanks. Your suggestion works. However, there are 2 issues that I would like to discuss. 1. Is there anyway that I can get the mpeg file exactly as it is on the dvd? 2. What happens in the event that I want to burn a copy from my hard drive onto another DVD?
    1. Yes. Put the disc in your PC's optical drive, select all the files and folders on the DVD, click "copy", then point to a location on your hard drive and click "paste". Just like copying any other file or folder from one place to another. On the other hand, why not just put the disc in your DVD drive and play it on your computer?

2. Put the DVD in your PC's DVD drive, open your burner software and use its disc copy function.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 07:50.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Sanlyn, thanks for your input. The problem is that I intend to re-locate out of the country and plan to leave the original dvd's at home, travelling with my external hard drive only. I would like to have the possibility of re-creating those discs from my external hard drive exactly as they were originally.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Copy the entire contents of the DVD (all folders) to a hard drive. Those contents have all the menus, chapters, video, audio,. etc., that are on your original DVD, organized per DVD standards in the VIDEO_TS folder you copied. Then use DVD burner software to recreate the DVD discs from the hard drive by burning the VIDEO_TS folder to a new disc .
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 07:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I save my DVD rips as ISO files. Then I set filetype ISO to autorun VirtualCloneDrive. DVD type is set to autorun MPC-HC (or any other program that plays DVD). Should I want to burn a DVD+R copy of the DVD ISO, I just use ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote