VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok first you will need Megui and K-lite codec installed

maybe you already know that there are not a lot of ps vita Convertibg guide and the 1's that exist are shit/the lowest quality possible on the PSV so im gonna tell you how to go to the max possible on the PSV

1st guide oneclick encoding

1)click 'one click' in the bottom
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-0000.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	13171
    2)then you get input/output and all basic stuff and on the bottom there's 'show advanced options' click this now there should come 2 new pages (if the video contains multiple tracks then use only 1)

Name:	SNAG-0001.jpg
Views:	4640
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	13172
    3)then go to 'advance config' choose a working directory(there should be 1 by default but if you want you can make 1 youreself), don't use chapters because PSV doesn't support it.
    then there's output resolution (if the input is lower or the same as 1920x1080 (1080p is supported since firmware 2.00) it's fine but if it's higger go to the second guide and the resolution may not be an odd number) just use keep input resolution you can stretch it but it wil only make the video worse.

Name:	SNAG-0002.jpg
Views:	4440
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	13173
    4)then 'encoder config' here's where a lot of people get stuck.
    take 'x264 scratchpad' and click config.
    this will show up

Name:	SNAG-0003.jpg
Views:	1997
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	13174
    first press advanced settings
    encoding mode:
    you can choose from 'const. quality',multiple pass encoding, 'const. quantizer' and ABR you can search for another guide on what each 1 does because it's way to much put in this guide.
    here were using crf on 19,0 (a video of 25 min should be around 300mb)
    preset: is how fast the encoding will be but don't set it already to ultrafast because high speed=low quality and greater sizes and i realy don't recommend using ultrafast because the video will get realy worse and the size double maybe even triple.(update: don't pick anything lower than 'slow' because the ps vita can't handle it's complexity, medium is the most stable way to encode for ps vita because the slow can sometimes have problemes aswell. )
    tuning:default (you can change if you know what your doing)
    AVC profile:high profile
    AVC level:4.0 is the higest limit you can go (but 3.1 is more stable)
    target playback device:default

just leave 'frame type' by default
    then go to 'rate control'
    just leave everything to default exept for 1 thing VBV buffer size and VBV max bitrate set both on 15000 (you can only choose this if you use const. quality) (update)

Name:	SNAG-0004.jpg
Views:	2154
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	13175
    then 'analysis'
    use M.E algorithm 'hexagon', M.E range 16 and subpixel refinement you can choose what you want I use 07 but you go higher or lower depending on how much time you have because this makes it longer to encode

Name:	SNAG-0005.jpg
Views:	1960
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	13176

just leave misc to default
    then press ok and go back to encoder config
    now the audio for this we use 'nero scratchpad'

Name:	SNAG-0006.jpg
Views:	4421
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	13177
    now go to config
    choose your preferred decoder (i use nicaudio)
    then output channel set this to 'downmix multichannel to stereo'
    and sample rate to 'keep original'
    the use constan bitrate and use 192 kbit/s (you can go higher or lower but higher won't make much difference while watching the video on Psv, update: for some reason too high audio bitrate makes the ps vita crash or some time refuse to play the video)
    and AAC profile 'automatic'
    then press ok and go back to 'general'
    then press ok
    then you go back to the main menu then go to the page 'queue'

Name:	SNAG-0007.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	13178
    there should be 3 jobs in your queue then press start and you done (this can take a while depending on your PC)

2nd guide 'AVS Script'
    this guide is for video's higher than 1920x1080 and video's that use external subs (update: ps vita now supports 1080p)

start from the begin meny and press tools and click AVS script creator

Name:	SNAG-0008.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	13179
    page like this will show up

Name:	SNAG-0009.jpg
Views:	4447
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	13180
    input your video and press directshowsource
    Name:  SNAG-0010.jpg
Views: 5282
Size:  12.6 KB
    now there are 2 things you will do (3 if your just here for the resolution and 4 if your encoding anime)
    1)select DAR set it to 16:9 (1,7778)

Name:	SNAG-0011.jpg
Views:	4621
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	13182
    2)resize: set it to 1920x1080(if the video is lower than 1920x1080 you won't be able to do this if that's the case just leave it to the original resolution, Psv can play any resolution equal or lower than 1920x1080)
    3)set source to anime if your encoding anime if not, don't click it
    4)subtitels

Name:	SNAG-0012.jpg
Views:	4479
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	13183
    then press save now go to main menu
    the avs script should already be loaded if not just input it then use x264 scratpad exact the same as in guide 1 just scroll up
    set file format to mp4

now the audio just input it in the audio section on the menu
    and use nero AAC scratchpad exact the same as in guide 1 just scroll up
    then both the video and audio press queue

Name:	SNAG-0014.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	13184
    now in the 'queue' menu 2 jobs will be there just press start.
    after it's done you should get a video file without audio and a audio file.
    now open the tools and select muxer and choose mp4 muxer

Name:	SNAG-0015.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	13186
    now put the video without audio in video input and the audio file in audio input leave chapters and subtitles blank
    then press queue

Name:	SNAG-0017.jpg
Views:	1903
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	13187
    now there should be a new job in the queue menu press start.
    now it's done now you made a HD PSV video
    Last edited by Neko-Sama; 27th Jan 2013 at 10:59. Reason: update on max bitrate and audio bitrate and preset
    Quote Quote  
  2. PS Vita can play MP4s at up to max video bitrate of 1.5Mb/s, and audio of stereo channel with no restriction.

What this means is, for any MKV found on the net that is < 400MB for a single TV episode with run time of 45 minutes, you can simply remux them into MP4, and they will play fine on the Vita. No unnecessary video reencode = no time wasted = more time for gaming.

You want to make sure that the audio is in stereo. If it's in AC3 or DTS 6 channels, then reencode just that track into stereo with your favorite media encoder. For painless muxing of x264 and AAC you can use YAMB.

I'm glad I don't watch foreign cartoons that necessitate hardsubbing and thus reencode. I really wish the Vita would accept SRT or ASS subtitle files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bad Cyborg View Post
    PS Vita can play MP4s at up to max video bitrate of 1.5Mb/s, and audio of stereo channel with no restriction.

What this means is, for any MKV found on the net that is < 400MB for a single TV episode with run time of 45 minutes, you can simply remux them into MP4, and they will play fine on the Vita. No unnecessary video reencode = no time wasted = more time for gaming.

You want to make sure that the audio is in stereo. If it's in AC3 or DTS 6 channels, then reencode just that track into stereo with your favorite media encoder. For painless muxing of x264 and AAC you can use YAMB.

I'm glad I don't watch foreign cartoons that necessitate hardsubbing and thus reencode. I really wish the Vita would accept SRT or ASS subtitle files.
    Thanks for reply, I tested it and it works so thanks. I edited the guide.
    Quote Quote