Hi everybody,

I am trying to transmit an analog TV signal (say, VCR output) via Ethernet or Wi-Fi inside a large house. I used RF-Link AVS-5811 5.8 GHz devices in the past, they are pretty good, but this house is large, and signal is too weak. I understand that it needs to be converted into digital signal.

*** Setup:
IPTV receiver box (SIG220, has HDMI and RCA outputs) is connected to the TV on the first floor. I want to repeat the signal on the TV in the bedroom upstairs, 50+ feet away. IPTV provider would not allow multiple IPTV receivers on the same account, even if only one is turned on at a time. The ability to transmit back to IPTV box remote control signals would be nice too.

*** Why?
My mother-in-law can only watch her favorite overseas TV programs over IPTV; during the day she is downstairs, at night she wants to watch in her second floor bedroom.

The house has good dual band WiFi (n) network, good signal both 2.4 and 5 GHz. Also, I have Ethernet over power lines, get about 170 MBPS throughput. No way to run cables.

Thanks!