VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to convert the output of the Hauppauge HD PVR from component to composite so I can play on my Standard Def TV while recording in HD: The HD PVR's input will be HD 1080i from an xbox 360

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120816658427?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649...ht_1213wt_1037

So I need to know if converting the output will effect the input and possibly record SD or something. Also, will the quality of the converted composite be the same as if I were playing straight from xbox 360 composite cables? Thanks, and maybe some1 has some experience with a converter like this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What happens to the signal downstream from the HDPVR will have no effect on what the HDPVR is recording.

I don't know about the quality of the particular device you linked to. It probably won't be quite as good as the Xbox 360's composite output.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I haven't tried any converters, so I can't tell you, but I don't see any particular reason to think they would be significantly worse than the normal output. However, I'm quite sure it won't affect the input, it will be electrically different than the PVR input so it can't affect it.

You stated you only have an SD TV, however if you have an LCD monitor, there's ways to hook that up too, and yes without any lag.

Also if you're looking for converters, see if there's one that will output svideo, that is if your TV has svideo, because it will look a little better. Just a bit though, like possibly no little colored dots at borders and less smeared colors.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jmac698 View Post
    I haven't tried any converters, so I can't tell you, but I don't see any particular reason to think they would be significantly worse than the normal output. However, I'm quite sure it won't affect the input, it will be electrically different than the PVR input so it can't affect it.

You stated you only have an SD TV, however if you have an LCD monitor, there's ways to hook that up too, and yes without any lag.

Also if you're looking for converters, see if there's one that will output svideo, that is if your TV has svideo, because it will look a little better. Just a bit though, like possibly no little colored dots at borders and less smeared colors.
    Thanks guys, and yes, the converter i bought does have s-video out aswell I would not want to play on my monitor as it is too small. Thanks for helping me out.

Still hope i can get some1 on here that has had experience with this converter or something very similar
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    MUST....
    FIGHT.....
    SATANS.....
    URGES.......

Exactly WTF are you smoking ?!?!?!?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't think you need to stress much about the converter, unless there's something really wrong with it, the differences should hardly be noticeable. I have used a few tv modulators and video distribution amplifiers and they look fine.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by noahtuck View Post
    must....
    Fight.....
    Satans.....
    Urges.......

Exactly wtf are you smoking ?!?!?!?
    whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt???? Dude??
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jmac698 View Post
    I don't think you need to stress much about the converter, unless there's something really wrong with it, the differences should hardly be noticeable. I have used a few tv modulators and video distribution amplifiers and they look fine.
    Ok, reassuring to here We'll c
    Quote Quote