VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everybody,

I have 291 MKV files. They all contain the same sorts of tracks.
    1. Video track
    2. Audio track: Original English (standard)
    3. Audio track: Funimation English
    4. Audio track: Japanese
    I want to convert 1 and 3 into ps3 compatible video files.

Normally I would use MKV2VOB. MKV2VOB can't help me because it just gives me the option to choose between English and Japanese audio. Choosing English makes the program thinks I want to convert 2. Original English.
    I want to convert all 291 mkvfiles to mpg files 1 and 3. With different programs I need to select the settings for each video individually. I really don't feel like doing that.

Can someone help me out with selecting similar settings for multiple video's? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With best regards,

Colin
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    See if you can use mkvpropedit ( GUI/frontend http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163753 ) and disable the tracks that you don't want. Then open in mkv2vob.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your quick response. I really don't know how to use Mkvpropedit. Could you please help me out a little bit? I don't know anything about command lines.

I replied too soon I downloaded the wrong program. Sorry.

Now I see jmkvpropedit IS the program you thought I should download. I would like to ask if you could still help me out please.
    Last edited by C-4ce; 18th Jul 2012 at 13:38. Reason: Overlooked something
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Wouldn't ANYTHING that prevented you from having to convert TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY ONE (!!!) files be better than doing all those conversions? Why not just buy a media streamer like from Western Digital or some similar company instead of doing all those conversions just to satisfy the PS3? But it's your funeral if you insist on doing the conversions. I have a rule that I don't help people do insane things here and converting 291 files meets my definition of "insane".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ jman98: I do think anything that could prevent me from converting all of those files would be better but I have no other option. What does the number change anyway, I just need to know how to change one file and the others will automatically. Thank you for your suggestions.

@ Baldrick: Can you please explain to me how to change the default audio track? What I tried so far is opening the file, editing Audio Track 1 to 'Default track: NO' and Audio Track 2 to 'Default track: YES' and then processing the files but no luck. I'd really appreciate any help here. BUMP
    Last edited by C-4ce; 18th Jul 2012 at 15:13.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made the first audio track Russian so now there is only one English audio track and MKV2VOB knows which one to convert. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote