VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM

When I try to open either TMPGEnc DVD Author orTMPGEnc 4.0 Express I get a message "Applicationerror: EAccessViolation in module TMPGEncVMW5.exe/689E99E9. Reading erroroccurred in address 689EA9E9 at address 689EA9E9", or similar. I trieduninstalling and reinstalling but that was no use. This seems to have happenedsince I updated my video card software to the latest version a few weeks ago. Ishould therefore like to revert to the previous software version to see if thistheory is right, but I'm not sure how to do this as it happened earlier my SystemRestore goes back to. Will older software versions still be available (I seemto have lost the original CD rom discsupplied with the PC). I have ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series video card and amrunning Vista x64. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this problem and alsowhether they think my approach is correct.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From what I read on the ATi site, the latest driver is a beta and should only be installed to solve a specific problem.

System restore will probably not work so you may wish to try and install an older version from the ati site.

A quick Google found this link:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/11/Pages/radeon.aspx?os=Windows...ion&rev=11.7#1
    Quote Quote