VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i cant able to import mp4 files into virtual dub software for editing.
    virtual dub supports mp4 files or not?
    Quote Quote  
  2. not directly; try ffinput driver plugin for vdub , then you should be able to load other containers like FLV, MKV, MP4 etc....

http://codecpack.co/download/FFInputDriver.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. i have placed the three files of "ffinput driver plugin" in plugin folder of virtualdub
    then it saying "virtualdub program failure" when i import mp4 files to virtualdub

how to use ffinput driver plugin
    Last edited by Ganesh Ujwal; 17th Jul 2012 at 12:48.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you read the instructions?

To install FFInputDriver just place the unarchived package under VirtualDub program directory.
    It should work automatically when importing different file types, if not select "ffmpeg supported files" in the open dialog box under files of type
    Quote Quote  
  5. there is no "ffmpeg supported files" in the open dialog box under files of type.

i have added the file FFInputDriver.vdplugin in \App\VirtualDub\plugins

i am getting error, which i attached one image file to this thread
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	error.JPG
Views:	866
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	13127  

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You also have to add these support files (included in the ffinput archive file) like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ffin.JPG
Views:	3026
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	13129
    Last edited by davexnet; 18th Jul 2012 at 11:03.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ganesh Ujwal View Post
    there is no "ffmpeg supported files" in the open dialog box under files of type.

i have added the file FFInputDriver.vdplugin in \App\VirtualDub\plugins

i am getting error, which i attached one image file to this thread
    Read this very carefully again.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Did you read the instructions?

To install FFInputDriver just place the unarchived package under VirtualDub program directory.
    When you unarchive the zip it will create a folder. Place this folder under the VirtualDub folder. It will work if you follow the instructions correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. i have placed unarchived files under Program Files\Virtual Dub-1.9.11\plugins32 same like how davexnet is shown in his attachment.
    then error is coming like this when importing mp4 files into virtualdub:
    "unable to open a file."

pls help
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Ganesh Ujwal View Post
    i cant able to import mp4 files into virtual dub software for editing.
    Through input plugins:
    - DirectShow import driver (requires installed appropriate DirectShow filters - splitter and decoders),
    - tateu's QuickTime import plugin (requires installed QuickTime),
    - fccHandler's QuickTime input plugin (requires installed appropriate VfW and ACM codecs),
    - and mentioned FFInputDriver.
    Also of course through Avisynth (with DirctShowSource or QTSource or FFmpegSource).

With fccHandler's plugin You can use Direct stream copy mode.

So... if FFInputDriver failed, try another method.

Originally Posted by Ganesh Ujwal View Post
    virtual dub supports mp4 files or not?
    Import - through input plugins.
    Export - when using external encoder (currently available in experimental 1.10 version).
    VideoAudio.pl - Serwis o technologii wideo & audio
    Quote Quote  
  10. otherwise if you dont mind means
    pls compress the virtual dub software which you are using and attach it to this thread
    Quote Quote  
  11. poisondeathray,
    I'd not come across the ffinput plugin you linked to so I thought I'd give it a spin. A couple of questions, if you happen to know the answers....

I assume the plugin uses the ffdlls which come with it for decoding?
    When opening an MKV using the ffinput plugin I was surprised to discover seeking on keyframes worked. Normally when opening video by DirectShow, VirtualDub has no idea where the keyframes are, so I'm just curious as to how it knows when using the ffinput plugin.

Mind you I think however it works, the plugin has minor problems. I opened one particular MKV and after playing some of the video and then returning to the beginning, VirtualDub displayed the second keyframe for the first 35 frames.
    I also tried remuxing an AVI (one I'd encoded using AutoGK a few hours ago) as an MKV and opening it using the ffinput plugin. For some reason when doing so, VirtualDub reported the video as having 9 more frames than the original AVI and it reported the frame rate as being 23.979 rather than 23.976. I didn't do a lot of investigating to try to work out why, but it was easy enough to confirm the first major scene change occurred on exactly the same frame when opening either the AVI or MKV version, but the last major scene change in the remuxed MKV version occurred 9 frames later than when opening the AVI directly. As opening the original AVI using ffinput didn't cause any frame issues I guess it must be a container problem, but based on my quick experimenting, I'm not sure I'd trust that plugin too much.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ganesh Ujwal,
    Try opening the MP4 with this plugin installed: http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=15093

As long as you have the appropriate DirectShow decoder installed (ffdshow is a good idea if you don't) it should open your MP4s. If you have any problems, try selecting "DirectShow Input Driver" as the file type before opening the MP4.
    Quote Quote  
  13. if i follow these video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXLEAScqN0U

will my problem will be solved?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post

I assume the plugin uses the ffdlls which come with it for decoding?
    yes

When opening an MKV using the ffinput plugin I was surprised to discover seeking on keyframes worked. Normally when opening video by DirectShow, VirtualDub has no idea where the keyframes are, so I'm just curious as to how it knows when using the ffinput plugin.
    FFmpeg can distinguish between frametypes. You have that access to that data before decoding.

I think with the directshow driver, it is already decoded (uncompressed, so in effect everything is a keyframe) so there is no notion of keyframes. If the author wanted to update that plugin

Mind you I think however it works, the plugin has minor problems. I opened one particular MKV and after playing some of the video and then returning to the beginning, VirtualDub displayed the second keyframe for the first 35 frames.
    I also tried remuxing an AVI (one I'd encoded using AutoGK a few hours ago) as an MKV and opening it using the ffinput plugin. For some reason when doing so, VirtualDub reported the video as having 9 more frames than the original AVI and it reported the frame rate as being 23.979 rather than 23.976. I didn't do a lot of investigating to try to work out why, but it was easy enough to confirm the first major scene change occurred on exactly the same frame when opening either the AVI or MKV version, but the last major scene change in the remuxed MKV version occurred 9 frames later than when opening the AVI directly. As opening the original AVI using ffinput didn't cause any frame issues I guess it must be a container problem, but based on my quick experimenting, I'm not sure I'd trust that plugin too much.
    Not sure. Many things are buggy or have quircks in the video world

Just like ffms2 gets the framerate wrong sometimes. I usually use avisynth for everything and check everything using indexing when I can (you can force the framerate). Many of the import plugins are very flaky for vdub or don't work properly. I don't trust them. The only thing reliable in vdub for native import is AVI

Directshow isn't frame accurate or reliable (nor is the vdub plugin accurate or reliable)
    Quote Quote  
  15. hurray its work
    i follow these video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXLEAScqN0U

Quote Quote