VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to join a 2 parts wmv using latest asfbin and it gives compability error: 'audio block alligns are different' Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I also tried to join it using windows live movie maker but despite I am using the same bitrate (I check the the old clips using GSpot2.70a), the join clip has double the size of older clips combine. (old clips are both 300+ MB and the join files are 1.2GB.) What gives?

Many thanks for the insight.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For the size to increase dramatically, the program must have re-encoded the video.
    If it really was just a join and the data written out otherwise untouched, it would only have
    taken a few seconds.

If the files have different specs (perhaps you can compare with Mediainfo in text mode) it may not be possible.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, yes I am aware that windows live movie maker re-encode the files. What I don't understand is why the difference is very big (twice) while I already instruct the windows live movie maker to use the same bitrate as the two original clip that I want to join. Is there something that I am not aware about wmv codec? Is there any codec that is more efficient? seems before and after also use VC1 codec. Thanks!

Edit, thanks mediainfo tells me the original clip is actually a variable bitrate 4kbps with max 8kbps, while windows live movie maker use constant bitrate with 8kbps.
    Last edited by hanugro; 15th Jul 2012 at 05:01.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At least you should use Mediainfo to check the new file and find out where the extra bits went.
    Either the video or audio ? I don't have WMML installed, so I can't help specifically with that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Re-encoding to WMV3 or to VC-1 is better done by Windows Media Encoder 9 (Windows Media Format 11 + an up-to-date wmcmd.vbs are required as well). Both the "Live" and the "Dead" versions of Windows Movie Maker surely suck at encoding.

http://alexzambelli.com/WMV/#WMCmd

If you hate the CLI interface, give a try to WmNicEnc (which goes straight to the point, much better than the useless and stupid extra settings in the Windows Media Encoder GUI).
    Quote Quote