VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need help. I bought this capture device many years ago called the DVD Xpress USBAV-701 Rev B and I have not ever used the device until now. I installed the drivers and software off the CD that came with it and it did not work. When I open Capwiz it comes up with this error:

I then try DVD MovieFactory 3 and it comes with this error when I try to capture video from a capture device.

After that i tried to download the latest drivers and CapWiz off the website and it still does not work. Can anybody help me?
    Last edited by RyDawg; 14th Jul 2012 at 14:52. Reason: Fixed picture links
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Best to buy a current capture device that's well known with support for win8,there's a few members here who can advise what to buy.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I work in IT for a living and I can tell you that my company (Fortune 300) and I both advise NOT using any new version of Windows this early. Win 8 is still not in official release. No surprise that you're having problems, especially if you have 64 bit Win 8.

Bought the device many years ago + beta Windows = I really don't expect it to work

Official webpage for the device says the most recent driver they have is XP. Give it up man. Never gonna work with Win 8.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah i have the same problem and made a similar post some months back
    i'm using win7

NO hope, have to buy a new device, or use Win Xp
    Last edited by theewizard; 22nd Jul 2012 at 23:43.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1950 (usb) works in Windows 8.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I had the same problem but using Vista. Sometimes it would work but mostly ADS DVD Xpress was not recognised. I discovered a solution, which will hopefully work for others.

Do not connect any audio jacks or other leads to the device before you start CapWiz.

Every time I opened CapWiz with the leads already connected I kept getting the error message. Now if I open CapWiz without any media leads connected it recognises ADS DVD Xpress.. You can connect your media cables after CapWiz has opened and it will work.
    Quote Quote