VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

so as the title says, i cant. When i try to append the second avi i get this error saying both audios have different rate samples. What can i do in these cases? do i have to join the audio separately or something?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is the sample rate? vdub has problems if it's off by even a fraction .

You can try resampling the audio

Or use other programs seem to be more resilient in joining despite fractional differences e.g. avidemux
    Quote Quote  
  3. I dont remember exactly, but i already worked out anyway. I had to extract the audio from both videos and then join them with audacity. After that i imported the new audio into the joined avi. I know it sounds painful (and it was) but I couldnt find any othr way. Anyway, i would like to try a more practical method next time. How do i resample the audio as you suggest?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That workaround isn't painful at all.

If it's fractionally off you can resample the audio in an audio editor like audacity, or even vdub, avisynth

If you're re-encoding the video & audio anyway, then it doesn't matter. But if you're trying to join the video without loss, then you might try avidemux
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's why these paid NLE programs are so popular. They do the dirty work, you do the creating.
    Quote Quote  
  6. avisource("file.avi".resampleaudio(48000)+avisourc e("file 2.avi".resampleaudio(48000)

If you want to try working with avisynth, the above script wil work very well I use it all the time to join mismatched files, painless.
    And if you get an error about "different data formats" you can use it this way, makes it alot more ocmpatible below.

avisource("file.avi".resampleaudio(48000).convertt oyv12()+avisource("file 2.avi".resampleaudio(48000).converttoyv12()

The fporum is messed up a little, if you use the script ont he line above don't put any spaces. The fporum as somehow adding a space int he converttyv12() for some reason.
    Last edited by duhmez; 22nd Jul 2012 at 07:28.
    If you want to see what I've done with my videos,
    check out my video work on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/duhmez/
    Quote Quote