VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear friends.
    I want to burn flv mkv wmv avi video files on dvd r disc.I converted thes files aboutin all dvd formats by TIpard and totall converter but when i itried these video dvd files to burn on dvd disc with nero nero showed in its window not compati ble.I tried ashampoo studio its began burning but after two hours this 3gb video data failed after 80 percent writing that do not play.Please tell me fast speed burning and dvd converting softwares that can my flv mkv and wmv data on my computer burn on dvd disc.For this what format of dvd converting is the best dvd pal ntsc vob or othe which is suitable for playing after burning on home dvd player not pc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could use DVDStyler. Create an ISO image and drop that on vlc in order to check out that your menus & buttons works as intended. Then burn with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, avstodvd if, as it sounds, you're using a bunch of downloaded files with probably a lot of flaky codecs. avstodvd is the only one I know that works with those, if you don't mind installing the codec pack it installs. With windows xp it likely isn't a problem.

You want maximum speed with no quality loss. Dream on. High quality = longer encoding times. Avstodvd doesn't give consistent high quality results without using 2 pass vbr mode, and I don't care what anyone else says, it's true. That's true for any software that converts to dvd compatible files.

Be advised that if you want to do high quality conversion on an older single core computer it's going to take longer to do it than it would to watch the video. Maybe twice as long. But you did say no quality loss ... if you want fastest speed it's going to stink. You'll get some quality loss anyway. There's no such thing as lossless conversion.

This doesn't include the time to actually burn the dvd after it's converted. That's going to take about 25 minutes no matter what software you use. Optical drives are just plain slow.

For burning, use imgburn. For windows there's nothing else considering. Nero stinks. Everything they make sucks.
    Quote Quote