VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i try to convert a vob file with VirtualDub and after i used codec of cedocida. but when i mark for 'full prossesing mode' in the audio tab the prosses is stack and i get this massege:
    no audio decompressor could be found to decompress the sourse aoudio format
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by NAAMA View Post
    i try to convert a vob file with VirtualDub and after i used codec of cedocida
    Why?
    Are you looking for some sort of large, uncompressed type of AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i can't import the original vob file to the premier
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The audio error message is telling you that you don't have the proper audio codec installed in your system. Free software like MediaInfo can give audio info from video clips.

You haven't specified where this "vob" came from. Is it from a standard DVD? IF so the vob is probably some form of MPEG. Try changing its filename from name.vob to name.mpg. Also, DGIndex can read vob's and extract video + audio for use as AVI's and uncompressed .wav audio. There ,ust be dozens of ways to read and manipulate vob's.

Where did the vob come from? What do you want to do with it?
    Last edited by sanlyn; 22nd Mar 2014 at 22:19.
    Quote Quote  
  5. it came from "fujifilm, dvd, 30 min, 1.4 gb"

i want to edit it in premier sc5

how do i use "MesiaInfo" and "DGIndex"?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You probabely need AC3ACM.

But you can remux the VOB to MPG for import into Premiere. Mpg2Cut2, VOB2MPG, etc. This is a lossless operation.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NAAMA View Post
    it came from "fujifilm, dvd, 30 min, 1.4 gb"

i want to edit it in premier sc5

how do i use "MesiaInfo" and "DGIndex"?
    Then I take it, this from a home-made DVD?

"MesiaInfo" is MediaInfo. Free. When you see these software names in red in the forum text, click on it to go a link for that software. They are listed in the tools and guides sections of the forum. Look over these suggestions and pick your choice. Most have pretty good guides, fairly easy to use. But if you have a problem with any one, pick a video as sample and post your specific problems. Plenty of members here can help.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 22nd Mar 2014 at 22:19.
    Quote Quote  
  8. i use "Format Factory" for all my conversion needs - it also fixes broken video files while converting on the fly
    Quote Quote