VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was reading for about 3-4 days to find a solution but I can't find any!

If anyone can help I will be grateful...
    I have a LG Passive 3D D2542P with PS3.
    I can play and watch blu-ray 3D just fine BUT when it comes to watch SBS mkv I'm having a hard time...
    When I'm using PS3 Media Server everything works (laggy cause of the wireless so not a real solution) so I used tsMuxeR to create a blu-ray but when I'm using my PS3 the monitor disables the side-by-side option! (weird?) and I don't know why...
    The problem is that I'm foreign and I'm using subtitles (I convert the subtitles with 3Dsubtitler to appear properly)...
    I've tried mkv2vob but it didn't support subtitles (only srt)
    So my question is how can I properly convert a 3D SBS mkv with sup or idx/sub (not srt) so I can watch it with PS3?
    I don't mind if I have to re-encode it but I would prefer to avoid that

Thank you
    Last edited by eisaisobaros; 7th Jul 2012 at 08:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. there are a couple other recent threads about 3d subs from 3dsubtitler you can read. 1 person thinks they should play on a 3d tv. i never heard anyone else make the claim.

you can put sup or sub/idx in the same folder as the movie with the same name except the different extension and see if they play. don't know what a ps3 supports. i.e. - movie.mkv and movie.sup - that is how to play them on a computer anyway.

the only subs i know of that work are srt. since aligning the text to match exactly on both sides of the sbs is nearly impossible, i take a normal 2d srt files and open it with notepad and move all the text over 40 spaces. it then only displays on the right side of the sbs, but it is correctly centered. the other choice may be to hard code the 3d sub/idx into the video by re-encoding with handbrake or similar. never tried it as it would reduce the video quality of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That is my problem... That PS3 doesn't support subtitles at all. I never had problems with my wdtv.
    The weird problem as I said is when I convert a movie to blu-ray my blu-ray player and my 3D TV works great but when I insert it to my PS3 with the LG monitor, the monitor disables the option for side by side view... And that's why I'm trying to find an alternative way.
    But I'm interested in the part for the srt you mention. How can I insert the space you are saying?
    Quote Quote  
  4. open the srt in notepad. at the beginning of every line of sub text insert 40 spaces. that put the sub in the right field only and for some reason will correctly center it. only way i could get them to display on my samsung 3d tv properly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I was thinking for a more automated solution :P

But I can't figure out why the LG monitor disables the SBS option when I'm inserting a blu-ray disk created from a mkv to blu-ray with tsMuxeR...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PS3 supports SRT subtitles in AVCHD format. You can even play AVCHD from a USB stick (as long as you have tsMuxeR cut at 4GB so the M2TS file in the STREAM folder isn't one big file). I have no idea if there is 3D support in AVCHD though.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by eisaisobaros View Post
    I was thinking for a more automated solution :P

But I can't figure out why the LG monitor disables the SBS option when I'm inserting a blu-ray disk created from a mkv to blu-ray with tsMuxeR...

if you didn't author it as a blu-ray it should work as just an mkv file on disc. as a blu-ray it would need to be encoded mvc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PS3 doesn't play MKV files. It is very restrictive in what it can play
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  9. My problem is not that it doesn't play... It's that for an unknown reason my monitor disables the sbs option...
    Doesn't the tsmuxer with imgburn automatic authorize it?
    Quote Quote