VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More specifically, I'm looking for a camera that I can plug into a pc with just a usb cable and transfer the video file off the camera on to the pc without having to use a video capture device while keeping the original timestamp with the file. Any suggestions would be fantastic, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. are you looking for a consumer cam or pro? price range? most cams only have the timestamp in the file name these days.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for taking the time, price isn't a big concern, but neither is professional-grade quality. I'm open to any range of cost or quality, it's all about what's cost effective for us I guess. Size of the camera is definitely a consideration, as it will need to be used in public places somewhat discreetly. Also, battery life and storage are considerations, but not nearly as important. Thanks again and any suggestions would be great.

PS I have heard that there is a slightly older model Panasonic that would work, I'm not sure the model number. Any older models would be fine as long as the quality is reasonable.
    Last edited by jnmoyer; 9th Jul 2012 at 14:08.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have been using a Sony HD-videocamera for some years now but wanted a smaller camera to replace it. As the videocameras dont have optical finders any more I changed to a Sony hx9v compact camera a year ago. I am very satisfied with it, as it is very small and handy. The specifications are just as good as a for a normal HD-videocamera.
    It registers metadata including timestamp.
    This was a must for me and I asked Panasonic as they had a similar model and it did not register timestamp as I suspected. The reason I asked was that I had received some original clips from a Panasonic-camera and they did not show timestamp.
    Quote Quote