VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I would like to merge all the chapters contained in a title from a DVD .VOB file, but i have no idea how to do it and with what program to do it.

Also, I would like to make .IFO files from .VOB files. I tried IFOEdit, but it only work for my 1st .VOB file. Since i have many .VOB files, I was wondering if there are any work around or other ways to do it?

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cyrusorc View Post
    I would like to merge all the chapters contained in a title from a DVD .VOB file, but i have no idea how to do it and with what program to do it.
    Re-rip the DVD with DVDDecrypter, under IFO options - file splitting NONE

Also, I would like to make .IFO files from .VOB files.
    Why? You will now have one VOB file(without chapter markers). What exactly do you think you are going to accomplish by doing this?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cyrusorc View Post
    Also, I would like to make .IFO files from .VOB files. I tried IFOEdit, but it only work for my 1st .VOB file.
    Then you did it wrong. Open IFOEdit and in the bottom middle hit 'Create IFOs'. Opening the first should also add in all the rest. Just make sure they're all numbered sequentially. Then it'll begin automatically to create the IFOs and BUPs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks hech54, DVDDecrypter worked like a charm

The only thing that I still need help with is making .IFO files for the .VOB files. So far, I have many .VOB files with no associated .IFO files. Because of that, I can't open the .VOB files in other editing software.

I think there is a way to get .IFO files for each .VOB files, but I didn't really tested it since I will still need to make the VIDEO_TS.IFO, the VIDEO_TS.BUP, and the VTS_XX_0.BUP files for all the .VOB files, and for that, I don't know how to do it and with what program to do it.

I tried using IFOEdit again, renaming all my VOB files with different names, but it still only work for my 1st .VOB file, even if it shows a pop-up windows processing all my .VOB files. Is there any solutions for this problem?

Any help would be usefull.

Thanks in advance ^^
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cyrusorc View Post
    I tried using IFOEdit again, renaming all my VOB files with different names, but it still only work for my 1st .VOB file, even if it shows a pop-up windows processing all my .VOB files.
    You didn't understand what I wrote?

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Also, I would like to make .IFO files from .VOB files. I tried IFOEdit, but it only work for my 1st .VOB file.
    Then you did it wrong. Open IFOEdit and in the bottom middle hit 'Create IFOs'. Opening the first should also add in all the rest. Just make sure they're all numbered sequentially. Then it'll begin automatically to create the IFOs and BUPs.
    'Sequentially' means like this:

VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

Is that the way you did it? If so, then try demuxing and adding the video portions one-by-one in Muxman, followed by the audio portions. More than likely, though, you'll get the audio out of synch after a while.

And I don't see why having IFOs would make much of a difference in editing them. What kind of editing are you doing? Would MPGs be useful? If so, try VOB2MPG.
    Quote Quote