VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I converted a PAL DVD to NTSC by slowing the video and audio down from 25fps to 23.976fps and I did that while re-encoding it to x264 video and converting the original AC-3 audio to a PCM WAV (16-bit 48k) audio file.

So right now the video file and audio file are in a MKV file.

Here's the problem ... there is an intro to the film that seems to have been videotaped with a PAL video camera. This originally threw off the audio sync but after playing around with adding a delay to the audio I realized that if I simply add a 2 second delay the audio ends up being PERFECTLY in sync once the movie starts (and lasts that way 'til the end of the movie). I think I was somewhat lucky getting the sync just right but I did. Basically I demuxed the audio, added 2 seconds of silence to the start of it, then remuxed it with the video so again this is all in a MKV file.

So everything is in sync EXCEPT for that intro, which is totally off, and again I think this is due to the intro being videotaped with a PAL video camera while the movie itself was true film speed simply sped up to 25fps ... anyway I'm making this complicated, huh? LOL

So in the end I need to chop off this intro which is the first 3 or 4 minutes of the video file. The audio file also needs to be chopped off the same amount. But I have no idea what program to use in order to do this.

Again I have a MKV with x264 video and a standard 16-bit 48k PCM WAV audio file. I want to avoid any re-encoding. I just need to chop off those first few minutes.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dear god in heaven my thread was just hijacked by a douche bag ******* trying to sell some dumb ass stupid program that doesn't do what I want. ******* hell. I'm surprised the location isn't in Asia somewhere.

He needs the 'ol Indolikaa Special !!!

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Fulcilives: Who?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Fulcilives: Who?
    ha ha I was wondering if anyone would "get" what I said heh

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I'll answer my own thread since nobody else has LOL

I found a thread with my answer. Here is a link: Click Here

The short or more direct answer is a program called: AVI Trimmer + MKV 2

Here is a direct link: http://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/avi-trimmer-mkv/

I got what I needed and hopefully this will help others as well

Quote Quote