VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was wondering if it is possible to play video such as divx or mkv format directly on tv with usb slot from usb stick
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the tv has builtin support for divx and mkv then yes. Or else must you use a dvd/blu-ray player, media player, htpc, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In that case, what is the point of the tv having usb slot?
    I mean if its for viewing pictures from camera, usually camera provides av cable right?
    Sorry for the question though as finally I can afford to buy my hdtv, and cant wait to watch movies and playing games on 50'
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an LG TV that plays mkv, divx and some other types of files (although there are some restrictions placed on ALL of them) from a USB stick or external hard drive (NTFS or FAT32). ....but I looked at other TVs that only permit viewing photos and listening music using their USB port, or that only supported FAT32 and smaller file sizes.

Baldrick is correct. You need to look at the manual carefully before purchasing the TV or Blu-Ray player to use for playing video from external storage devices and you should take a USB stick with samples to try in the showroom.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its ok, the tv is in good price, the latest from philips 50' led 3d full hd 21:9 400hz smart tv for only €800 and I already order it
    If it cant play movies from usb then i think i will just use the usb on my blueray player
    or do you think ps3 will work?
    Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rronald_25 View Post
    Its ok, the tv is in good price, the latest from philips 50' led 3d full hd 21:9 400hz smart tv for only €800 and I already order it
    If it cant play movies from usb then i think i will just use the usb on my blueray player
    or do you think ps3 will work?
    Thanx
    The Blu-ray player will probably work better if it was purchased recently.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its only useful when the port supports NTFS or extfs too!!
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote