VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello! I've searched many threads in the internet, but no solution. I have video of my nephew in his kindergarten. It's ~ 2 GB. There are some songs and lots of talking, so i want to make it on DVD with song selection in the right places. Simple menu with 2 buttons - play all and song selection and when the second one is pushed second menu will appear with the songs. Something i saw in other musical DVD's. But many of the programs i checked, don't show such a thing in their manuals or guides. Is it possible to make it from one big .avi? I saw guides for VSO, Xilisoft and other programs but nothing like what i want. DVD Lab Pro writes no .avi support ... Any free or trial programs + guide for that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe tmpgenc authoring works.

Or convert your avi to dvd mpg with avstodvd and use in dvd lab pro.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DVDStyler has the menu structure you want as it's default template.

In principle you could use your 2gb file. However, you would have to import it for each song and then specify the start/end-time for that song, ie 10 songs is 10 imports.

You would be much better off by cutting out the individual songs aforehand using something like Free Video Dub and use those cuts.
    Quote Quote