VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When ever i try to downmix audio using megui i keep getting this error

--[Error] [6/20/2012 7:06:57 PM] An error occurred
    ---[Error] [6/20/2012 7:06:57 PM] Exception message: FFAudioSource: Out of bounds audio samples requested
    ---[Error] [6/20/2012 7:06:57 PM] Stacktrace: at MeGUI.AviSynthAudioEncoder.encode()
    ---[Error] [6/20/2012 7:06:57 PM] Inner exception: null

I'm trying to downmix it to 2.0 from 6, but i get this. I would do it fine before so i don't understand why it just started doing this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does the message occur if you don't downmix ?

Go to the script tab (or if you're loading dts directly, go to the audio options) and try changing the source filter to DirectShowSource() instead of FFAudioSource()
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DirectShow seems to work, but last time i used that filter i got a lot of crackling in the audio when i turn the volume up.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What directshow filters are you using? Do you have any amp or volume filters enabled? Did you try disabling audio normalization (either in the directshow dts filter, or in megui audio configuration)

Was the crackling in the original ? What format are you encoding to and what bitrate?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't have the crackling in the original and i'm encoing to aac @ 256kbs the only filter(s) that are on is the ones that i auto does. I unchecked the audio normalization peaks thing to 100. So i'll see if that fixes it this time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. it might be bug in your directshow filter (are you using ffdshow or another DTS decoder?)

You can try NICDTSSource() instead (with nicaudio.dll) with a 1 line script

(or maybe you can specify nicaudio in megui as the decoder, I can't recall offhand)

EDIT: yes you can, try NicAudio in the "preferred decoder" dropdown box for the audio options
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it with out the audio normalization peaks thing it seems to have helped a lot. I don't really hear the crackling anymore. I guess it's just with FFAudio that i get that error, weird.

EDIT: actually it's still doing it in scenes that have a lot of action in them. I tried using NicAudio, but it still does it.
    Last edited by kkiller23; 21st Jun 2012 at 00:05.
    Quote Quote