VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I've been trying to rip my Walt Disney Treasures DVDs to my computer so that I can eventually burn DVD's with all the cartoon shorts in order of release date. But I've run into a problem with the "More Silly Symphonies" title. I can rip all the cartoon shorts in the main program. However, I can't seem to get access to the bonus cartoons in the "From the Vault" section of the disc. The same can be said of the other bonus features on the discs. I've tried using both DVD Shrink and Aimersoft Blu-Ray/DVD Ripper. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might try to get to those files to rip those bonus shorts with either of those programs? Or does anyone know of a program I can download that might allow me to access the bonus features? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Rip the entire disc to your hard drive with DVDFabDecrypter and work from there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those discs are authored funny, from what I recall.

Also:
    - DVD Shrink isn't a ripper.
    - Aimersoft Blu-Ray/DVD Ripper is a piece of crap.

Try DVD Decrypter.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. The only software I know which sells itself on being able to counteract Disney protection methods is BDlot DVD ISO Master.
    Try using that to rip to ISO and burn with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    The only software I know which sells itself on being able to counteract Disney protection methods is BDlot DVD ISO Master.
    Try using that to rip to ISO and burn with ImgBurn.
    AnyDVD and DVDFab can BOTH (I can personally attest to this) successfully rip any Disney DVD out there. Now whether they can rip them in the way that imthewalrus79 expects with all the handholding he is used to is another question, but I can promise you that I can certainly take what AnyDVD and DVDFab rip from a Disney DVD and worst case I could use VideoReDo to extract the extra shorts from ripped VOBs.

Disney X seems to just be a variation on the ARCCOS "bad sector" copy protection stuff. There is really nothing particularly difficult to deal with here if you understand how bad sector copy protection works. I think BDlot is pretty good at blowing their own horn. It might be interesting to some to point out that for years now Disney has NOT used the official industry DVD symbol on their DVDs. It has not been proven, but there's been speculation that the DVD Forum will not let them use their logo because Disney's copy protection mechanisms cause their DVDs to deviate from the standards. So for some years now Disney has had their own "Disney DVD" logo they use.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post

AnyDVD and DVDFab can BOTH (I can personally attest to this) successfully rip any Disney DVD out there.
    Good to know they're still up to speed. I've not had to do a Disney disc for many moons.
    Quote Quote