VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

Largely thanks to the very awesome guides on this site (thanks!), I've managed to convert a .avi video file to DVD (VIDEO_TS in a .iso) using VisualHub (Mac), and create a nice-looking menu for the DVD (VisualHub converts the video really well, but authors it without one) using DVDStyler.

I'm wanting to link the encoded DVD files to the menu, so that they can be re-authored and burned. However, I've discovered that the video was split into three separate .vob files when it was originally converted to a DVD. So, I'm wondering how to add my created menu to the DVD without having to re-encode or join the files back up again. DVDStyler's menu creation includes dropzones for putting video files, but I don't want to have to put each .vob into a different well and play each third of the video separately. Is there any way to avoid this?

I notice that most DVDs are split into multiple .vob files, so I'm hoping that there's some way to re-author them with DVDStyler.

The .vobs are also taking a considerable time to be added to the menu, is that normal?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Cheers,
    Franklint
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could join the vobs with vobmerge or in mac use the cat command line like cat video1.vob video2.vob video3.vob new.vob ( see http://www.junasoftware.com/blog/how-to-join-multiple-mpeg-video-files-on-osx.aspx )

And when you use visualhub to convert see if you can output as single mpg insted of video_Ts with vobs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great. Thanks for that Baldrick!

My DVD is nearly authoring properly! However, I have included a 35-second moving segment of the video as the design for my "Play" button on the vmMenu. In the generated ISO, this button flickers between the playing video, and a still image of the first frame of the video. Any idea why that would be, and how I could stop it?

Cheers,
    Franklint
    Quote Quote