VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi. I have created a set of VOBs from avi files which I want to burn to a DVD - a series of 30-minute films. . However I notice that the title menu is arranged in the wrong order, with Episode 6 at the top and then 1-5 below.

I am sure I must be able to rearrange the title menu using IfoEdit (no?) so that the title appear 1-6 from top to bottom, but I have always found this programme complex to use and I can't see how to achieve this. I don't want to redo the VOB file creation if I can avoid it - it takes forever.

If anyone can help me edit the title menu, I'd be grateful. I have found a few posts by Googling, but all I have seen so far have gone unanswered!

Thanks,

Martin
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the titles are shown in the correct order on the menu, Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, etc., but selecting an episode causes a different one to play instead, then pgcedit is easier to use than IFOEdit for changing how the menu functions. However, you have to learn the what the various DVD commands do to fix the problem, which may be more work than just re-authoring the DVD if you are not good at learning computer programming languages

...but if the titles are listed in the wrong order on the menu itself, Episode 6, Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, then you want to change how the menu looks and how it behaves. Neither IFOEdit or pgcedit can change how the menu looks. You need to use a different program for replacing the menu. Replacing the menu and changing the commands to play a different episode without re-authoring won't be quick.

VOBs can be used as sources for some authoring programs. They are DVD complaint, so a good authoring program won't re-encode, and re-authoring should be relatively quick. What authoring program did you use?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi. I use either AVStoDVD, NeroVision or FAVC, depending on what I want. For this project I am using FAVC.

No, the titles are in the wrong order in the title menu as it appears on screen. Maybe I can get FAVC to re-author the IFOs by inputting just the VOB files it created, which I assume is what you are suggesting? I can try..

Thanks,

Martin
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't recall if FAVC accepts VOBs. If FAVC doesn't accept accepts VOBs, AVStoDVD will. If each VOB contains one complete movie, with no overlap, then AVStoDVD should work for audio and video. I have never tried AVStoDVD with a VOB that contains subpicture subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I may try - or just re-author the files in FAVC, leave it running while I am at work.. Will let you know. Thanks for the input: saved me a lot of frustration trying to fix things with IfoEdit!

M
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by martinlest View Post
    No, the titles are in the wrong order in the title menu as it appears on screen.
    So, the text is in the wrong order but when clicked they play in the right order? When you click on episode 6 at the top, the first episode plays? If you don't want to redo the whole project, you can just edit the menu screen and stick it back in. This isn't anything you'd ever use IFOEdit for anyway. See if my guide for editing menus helps. Scroll down to The Easy Way down at the bottom:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-r...00#post1514500
    Quote Quote