VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I regularly install Freemake on my client's computers, but I suddenly noticed something new in their EULA (new at least to me) and I am not sure if I like this or not. It appears to me that now they are requiring your permission to supply your IP address to other vendors (I am sure they are paid for this service). So the EULA has two (2) parts instead of one, the new one is called "Open Candy". Anyone else have thoughts, or am I over-reacting?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    OpenCandy provides a way for software makers to get ad revenue. If you want to look at this in a positive way, it's a way for the authors to get some money. If you want to look at this in a negative way, you may not be thrilled with what OpenCandy does as some people consider it to be adware.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, use of OpenCandy now requires an explicit EULA for it. This is presumably to get around prior complaints that other products used it secretly without disclosing to their users that OpenCandy was providing personal info that they had not agreed to let it send (because they didn't know it even existed or was being used).
    Quote Quote