VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've recorded a few things off air, intending to watch in another room using DLNA. Everything was OK until some programs wouldn't play, you select them from the menu and you're immediately returned to the menu.

Using Twonky I could see differences, first the file size was 0 Bytes, and the format description is -

Format: application/x-dtcp1;DTCP1HOST=10.1.1.6;DTCP1PORT=60010;CONTENTFO RMAT=video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts

Files that do play show as -

Format: video/x-msvideo (and have a file size)

Suspecting these are copy protected, I copied one to a disk and that was OK - although I can only copy to DVD, not BluRay.

Does anyone know what's behind this? The recorder is a Panasonic DMR-XW380 but crippled for NZ so we can't easily skip ads.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    anything with a file size of 0 is an empty file. nothing got recorded.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try running chkdsk to see if there are any file fragments that can be recovered.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Chkdsk runs OK and the file isn't fragmented. The 0 bytes is reported by Twonky from the DVD-R HDD, but after copying to the PC, Explorer shows how big it is. But it won't play in anything, even Mediainfo shows just the filename.

It must be the Panasonic is not 'releasing' the file in a usable form. Yet, not all of them, some are fine. Is it copy protection imposed by the broadcaster? Would they copy protect the news? And they are copyable to an optical disk.
    Quote Quote