VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all,
    It had been a while since I updated KMPlayer, so I decided to just uninstall the previous version and try to install the latest version. I've read that some of the more recent versions of KMPlayer might be bundled with the ASK Toolbar and wasn't sure about that.
    I was wondering if there is a download link for the latest version of KMPlayer for just the KMPlayer exe file without any possible toolbars or web downloaders that might be bundled with it? Also, what are others experiencing with KMPlayer as of late? Most stable version? Any info is appreciated including any tips on a clean install of KMPlayer. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. But you can decline the ask toolbar when you install. And disable the Grid network also.

Or try PotPlayer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd suggest potplayer too. It's not my favorite but I do have it installed. It's written by the guy who originally did kmplayer.

Unfortunately when a program becomes adware there's often more to it than a toolbar. They may have changed the whole program just to make a prettier interface, not usually to the better. I think kmplayer is an example of this. There are a number of programs that used to be decent that are crap now because of this sort of thing.

Basically I won't install adware anymore unless it comes very highly recommended by people that I'd actually listen to.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You can also make PotPlayer "portable" by opening the installer in 7-Zip, and extracting only the files PotPlayerMini.exe and PotPlayer.dll, plus the folders Html, Logos, PxShader, Skins and Urllist
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all the responses. It seems like PotPlayer might be a program worth trying out. Is there anything I might need to know about the installation procedure before downloading and installing the file?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seemed pretty straightforward to me ... there may have been a toolbar or something similar to decline, I don't remember. But it didn't force anything on me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again for the info and suggestions.
    Quote Quote