VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wanted to add a mltui-language subtitle to some movies (.AVI, .MKV, .MP4), I used Sub2divx once and it a fine job, eccept that it adds the subtitle to .AVI only and the output is .divx..
    but this is not all, so know it dosen't work at all.

know i am looking for somthing that reads (.AVI, .MKV, .MP4) and gives me (.AVI, .MKV, .MP4) for output

i am not willing to burn dvds or blurays, just to add the multi-language subtitle to the movie

can any one help?!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use multiplexers. For mkv use mkvtoolnix / mkvmergegui and for mp4 use mymp4boxgui or yamb (mp4box GUIs).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just be aware that there's no all-in-one that works for all three - you will, as Baldrick mentioned, have to use different programs for each of the three container formats. And note that MP4 only supports a limited few subtitle formats, like SRT and ttxt, so if you want to include other types of subtitles (like, say, anything with formatting, text styles, etc.), they'll have to be converted to SRT/ttxt/etc. first.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. thank you very much Baldrick, I tried mkvmergegui and it works like a charm.
    And many thanks to you too Ai Haibara for the useful tip.

but guys i am still looking for somthing to work with .AVI as Sub2divx shows an error every time I use it.
    and thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try AVIAddXSubs. I also used (some years ago, though) to mux SRT subtitle streams into AVIs for use with my DVD player using VirtualDubMod; I think you can do it with AVI-Mux GUI, too.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. thanks Ai Haibara, I tried AVIAddXSubs and worked OK. but I didnt know how to add more than one subtitle to the movie, it seems that AVIAddXSubs can do it, it is just I couldnt fiuger it out.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ty AVI-Mux GUI as Ai Haibara mentioned. It's what I use if I'm dealing with AVI.
    Quote Quote