VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. About a week ago all my converted video output came out smaller in frame size than what I selected. The problem is the same regardless of which conversion software I use, which frame size I select, or what container/codec is chosen (avi, mp4, wmv). Of course I tried different players (VLC, WM player, DAUM). The problem may be with the image size instead of the frame size since MediaInfo and AVS Video Converter both report my desired output frame size among the file attributes.

This happened after I had been experimenting with Screen Capture software, all of which I ended up deleting using Revo Uninstaller. One of the applications I tested required that I install M Player. Unfortunately I only had a restore point for the very last uninstall. There was also one Windows 7 Update during that time.

Since I use K-Lite Codec Pack (64 bit) I uninstalled it, got the latest version and reinstalled it. I ran K-Lite's Tweak Tool to fix all broken codecs and filters. I didn't try uninstalling any of the conversion software since the problem was happening with all of them. Other than that I really wasn't even sure where to start looking for an answer.

This is my first post. Any help would be appreciated.

*Windows 7 64 bit. Conversion software: AVS Video Converter, WinAVI, VirtualDub. Codecs: K-Lite Mega 64 bit (latest version).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do your old videos play small too?
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is the kind of screw-up that is often caused by installing multiple codecs, such as in a codec pack (HUGE mistake), and/or oddball custom codecs, often contained in screen-capture programs.

Get a new, pristine file. Open in Vdub. Save a small section as an uncompressed AVI. Test in VDUB. Check sizes, change, and test.
    Quote Quote