VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. when i load a larger avi (larger than 1 gb but way under 10) from camstudio to avidemux display is whaky (mostly fushia), but I can tell from the shadows it is the right video; something is wrong. I can't figure it out, and I've tried several things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This worked for a smaller video...

The screen capture is destined for youtube, so any tips as to format etc. would also be appreciated.

Thanks, in advance, idnbi2
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is just the preview whaky? Have you tried convert/save also? Is it also whaky?

You could try avidemux 2.6 beta also. http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have converted, using quicktime to both .avi or .mov format (.mov is slightly smaller than the .avi) (I should say, the video - original .avi or converted avi or converted .mov - displays ok in quicktime but does not display properly when respective file is opened in videmux).

I verified the above. (The problem with larger files is that they are quite large and won't load to youtube.com when produced original is created by camstudio).

I do think proper conversion is the key to proper display and use in videmux, so if you have suggestions I'll try them and let you know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What codec(s) do the CamStudio-created videos use? I wouldn't be surprised if AVIDemux doesn't fully support CamStudio's own lossless codec. I'm not sure, offhand, about its support for Quicktime .mov files, either.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whacky video means use an earlier version of camstudio ... there's a well known bug discussed across forums in the last version.
    Quote Quote