VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here's the scenario.

Exporting a 5 minute footage with the H.264 720p 29.97 High Quality preset, resulting file is about 200MB
    Exporting a 5 minute footage with the H.264 1080p 29.97 High Quality preset, resulting file is about 1GB

(not to mention it's strange why the preset for 720p has audio set to 192kbps while 1080p is set to 160kbps, I'd assume higher video quality should be accompanied with better audio quality instead of lower right?)

How come the size is almost 5 fold when the visual area only increases about twice?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by x2x3x2 View Post
    How come the size is almost 5 fold when the visual area only increases about twice?
    The 1080 has a target video rate of 32Mbps while the 720 has a rate of 6Mbps. The MAX is 40Mbps and 10Mbps. But if it is hitting target it is about 5.3 the amount of data. My guess on the audio rates is that to allow for all out video they had to pull back on the audio to keep sustainable total stream data rate for playback.

P.S. Scroll down on the Video tab to set the data rates in the Bit Rate Section.
    The more you learn, the less you know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I understand that the increased bit rate parameters results in the large file size.

But is there a reason it has to be bumped up 5 times higher when then visual area increases by only about 2 times though?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's a preset, you don't like it you change it and make your own.

the equation is - filesize = bitrate x time - no matter the resolution.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote