VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for a program that will allow me to pull or encode a full HD audio stream, both DTS-MA and TrueHD, from BD to an mkv in 264 and also to embed subtitles into the video track as well. I was looking at using staxrip, but I haven't seen anything about it hardcoding subtitles into the movie. I know ripbot does, but it wont handle full HD audio. Am I best off just using staxrip and then using something like BDsub2sup (is that the correct program?) to find the forced sub (star wars, lotr, and the new mission impossible have been giving me a headache) and forcing it on the video with ripbot then muxing in the HD stream?

I've heard about ClownDB and eac3to, but don't know anything about them. For everyday ripping without subs I would prefer to use something streamlined and user friendly to compress the video and the HD stream. So I'll probably stick with staxrip unless there is a better that anyone can recommend.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do a forum search for forced subs. There are lots of threads regarding that.

Ripbot should do full hd audio. I haven't used it in awhile but doesn't it have an audio copy feature? Use copy audio and it should fully retain the original audio untouched and intact.

Also checkout bdrebuilder or avchdcoder for other compression utilities. Multiavchd was another good choice but it has been abandoned by its creator so there may be unforseen complications with newer ripped materials.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought ripbot will only take the core audio and not the full HD stream?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm 99% sure if a program says copy audio it leaves it intact. Have you tested it to be sure? You can use gspot or mediainfo to identify the audio in the completed file. It will give you the codec and bitrate of the audio inside the video file.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    going to double check now
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New question, flac is loseless compression? so instead of worrying about dts-hd ma or trueHD i can just use flac and still get lossless sound with SOME compression?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I remember reading on a previous post about problems with flac surround sound setups. I'd do a search for flac 5.1 or flac 7.1 and see if there are any issues going that route.

Personally I think you'd be better off using the core audio and allocating a little extra space to video quality than preserving the full hd audio. Chances are the core audio should be satisfactory for your needs. I think its really only the purists that notice the difference.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23913&start=50

The newest nightly build handles PGS subs and burns them in. Looks like I found my all in one solution. I guess its only working on the mac nightly build right now, BDsup2sub should be able to convert to VOBSUB and ssa though right?

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know I said i would check ripbot, but the htpc is occupied lol
    Quote Quote