VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have a Hauppauge HVR-1800 that I'm using with AmaRec TV to capture some old VHS videos of mine. I don't have the WinTV software since the card came preinstalled on a previous computer on mine. Is there a timer I can use when I'm manually capturing from a VCR on channel 3? I start to caputre a 2 hour video and if I get busy or forget, the file ends up being 4 hours long with 2 hours of noise. I'm looking for a way to capture using AmaRec TV but tell AmaRec TV to stop after 2 hours. I searched the software for a clock but I couldn't find one. Any help I can get?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right-click on the main program window. Select "Config" from the pop-up menu. Click on the "General" tab. In the upper left-hand corner, there is a checkbox labeled "Timer" and a text box to the right, which appears to be intended for setting a duration. Although I haven't tried it, this seems like it is probably the setting you want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for your response. It worked!

The timer text and checkbox is actually under the "recording" tab. But following your suggestion, I knew I'd have to find it, and I did and now my captures are all coming out the right size without any wasted dead space. Thank you.
    Quote Quote