VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 60
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    Hi,
    I'm new to these forums, and after multiple google searches on how to set up my Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card for PC streaming, I found this website, with multiple, unanswered forum threads regarding Intensity Pro situations. I hope this thread won't be one of them =(.

    I've used my Intensity Pro for Xbox 360 capturing previously. Everything worked well, and was easy to set up. No problems there. I had one monitor, 2 HDMI cables, and the Intensity Pro Card. I hooked up the cables, powered up my recording software, powered up the xbox, and voila. Easy as pie.

    Recently, I got rid of my xbox since Diablo3 is coming out soon ( ) , and am looking to capture/stream Diablo 3 gameplay. I've streamed PC games before such as WoW and SWTOR, and have always just used a video capturing software such as DXTory, but it would always drastically decrease my in-game FPS, which I don't want to revert back to for Diablo3.

    So I have this unused Intensity Pro capture card, and I want to use it for PC capturing. Below I will list what I have and what I'm trying to use to capture my desktop.

    ONE 1920x1080 60hz 22" LCD Monitor.
    ONE 19" AOC Monitor used as a second monitor (which is currently at a warehouse getting worked on and NOT USED in the recent setups I have attempted. POS broke on me after 2 weeks)
    i5-2500k @ 3.8 ghz CPU.
    nVidia GeForce 560ti 448 cores GPU.
    Intensity Pro Capture Card.
    2 HDMI cables.
    Windows 7 Professional.

    So, I've read multiple guides online, and I can never get this set up to work properly. I am plugging in ONE HDMI cable from my VIDEO OUTPUT port on my graphics card to the VIDEO INPUT port on the Intensity Pro card. Then, I am plugging in ONE HDMI cable from the VIDEO OUTPUT port on the Intensity Pro to the VIDEO INPUT port of my 1920x1080 60hz 22" LCD Monitor. I have my screen resolution set at 1920x1080(native), and the INTENSITY PRO settings within BLACKMAGIC MEDIA EXPRESS I tried using are 1080p 24fps, and also 1080p 30fps. With this, I do get a picture on my MONITOR, but if I click anything, such as the start menu, the MONITOR turns off and says "SIGNAL INPUT OUT OF REACH, PLEASE CHANGE RESOLUTION TO 1920X1080 - 60HZ".

    So I was hoping this forum might be able to help me out with this issue. I have seen some guides that use HDMI Splitters, but is an HDMI Splitter necessary considering I have 2 HDMI cables and them properly set up (GPU OUTPUT -> INTENSITY PRO INPUT / INTENSITY PRO OUTPUT -> MONITOR INPUT)

    If you guys have any more questions for me, please leave them in this thread and I'll try to respond ASAP. I am bookmarking this website, and will constantly check while I'm on the computer.

    Thank you.

    PS - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    There are easier ways of capturing a PC screen that this. It is called 'screen-capture software'

    But if you wish to go down this route, and I read that it does not always work, it all comes down to the output of your graphics card. In another forum I read a brief topic that discusses this and your graphics card must be capable of outputing a 'tv resolution'

    I suspect that the card is outputing the resolution for your monitor which seems quite natural.

    The info on the blackmagic site also mentions the use of an 'adapter' but does not go in to any detail. I suspect that this adapter does change the signal to be more capture-friendly. Even then that same blurb states that this may not work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    I have used screen capturing software. I mentioned it in the original post. I've used DXTory to capture games like WoW and SWTOR.

    My main goal is to reduce the CPU usage of the recording the desktop. I want to put that all on to the card itself. My second goal is by reducing the CPU usage of recording the desktop, it will maintain a FPS in-game that I see fit. When using programs like DXTory, it decreased my FPS from somewhere around 200+ while not using the software and streaming to around 70 while streaming. I'm guessing that had to do something with going in to windowed mode to be able to capture PC games. I don't want to do that this time around, especially since I have the capture card installed.

    Also, I was able to "force television detection on startup" in the nVidia control panel. I'm guessing this means my graphics card is capable.

    Thanks for your reply! I'll try to look more in to while waiting for other suggestions.
    Last edited by FoKuZStream; 13th May 2012 at 05:59.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Lone soldier Cauptain's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Brazil
    Search Comp PM
    Hi FoKuZStream,

    BMI only capture/input/output 1080i (no 1080p@24 or @30). PC monitor is P only. Change your PC to 720p and connect in BMI. Will work (based on my PC and AVERTV HD).

    If you want record only in 1080p, suggest use BANDICAM/MIRILLIS ACTION!, no DXTORY.




    Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Apologies for not recognising DXTory as screen-capture software. But you did say 'Video Capture Software' in your OP and in my eyes these are two different beasts.

    But there are different softwares available. Check out the tools section http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/desktop-screen-capture fo the various options available - some free.

    I do not possess a Nvidia card so am not sure what 'force television detection' really means. To me it sounds like if you are outputing the signal to a tv rather than a monitor it will force the output settings to comply with the tv. That, I believe, is not quite the same as physically setting the output on the card since the output is NOT going to a tv it cannot force the output.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    Thanks guys! I've tried some of your suggestions and these are my results.


    Okay, so I did the following:

    http://imgur.com/u7JyD <--Media Express Preferences
    http://imgur.com/STler <--Black Magic Control Panel
    http://imgur.com/CFyPF <--Desktop Resolution

    When I do that, and hook up ONE HDMI Cable from the graphics card OUTPUT to the Intensity Pro INPUT, then ONE HDMI Cable from the Intensity Pro OUTPUT to the Computer Monitor INPUT, my monitor goes to sleep and doesn't recognize anything. Any suggestions on why that is?

    THEN

    I set my desktop resolution to 1920x1080, and the Black Magic CP to 1080i 60hz, and the preferences to 1080i 60hz and changed the Capture File Format to Motion JPEG, and i got a picture of my desktop to come up through the monitor. I'm able to move my mouse around, but the second I click on something, the screen goes black. Any suggestions?


    You guys have been great so far! Thank you both!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Lone soldier Cauptain's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Brazil
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    Thanks guys! I've tried some of your suggestions and these are my results.


    Okay, so I did the following:

    http://imgur.com/u7JyD <--Media Express Preferences
    http://imgur.com/STler <--Black Magic Control Panel
    http://imgur.com/CFyPF <--Desktop Resolution

    When I do that, and hook up ONE HDMI Cable from the graphics card OUTPUT to the Intensity Pro INPUT, then ONE HDMI Cable from the Intensity Pro OUTPUT to the Computer Monitor INPUT, my monitor goes to sleep and doesn't recognize anything. Any suggestions on why that is?

    THEN

    I set my desktop resolution to 1920x1080, and the Black Magic CP to 1080i 60hz, and the preferences to 1080i 60hz and changed the Capture File Format to Motion JPEG, and i got a picture of my desktop to come up through the monitor. I'm able to move my mouse around, but the second I click on something, the screen goes black. Any suggestions?


    You guys have been great so far! Thank you both!
    Remember, your videocard has HDCP feature built-in, correct? Never will record any HDCP device using HDMI on BMI. The only way is using software or get AVERTV HD with HDCP REMOVE PACK.

    Try DVI (no have HDCP protection) to HDMI cable. Possible work.




    Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member edDV's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: Northern California, USA
    Search Comp PM
    The Black Magic Intensity only accepts 1080i at 25/29.97 (not 1080p).

    A computer monitor typically won't accept interlace video. You should use an LCD-TV to display 1080i.

    Alternate is to run the XBox (or GPU) at 720p/60 which is supported by the BMI and can be displayed on a typical computer monitor.

    Second issue, the uncompressed bit rate required for 720p/60 is sustained 107MB/s (855 Mb/s) which is usually beyond the capability of a single hard drive (with exceptions). In most cases a two disk RAID (or SSD) is required to capture uncompressed. To capture to a single drive, one should use the BM MJPEG codec or other digital intermediate codec.
    Last edited by edDV; 13th May 2012 at 07:50.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    So basically what you're saying is I won't be able to capture my desktop because of the HDCP feature with the Black Magic Intensity Pro, and I should look in to just using screen capturing software?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Lone soldier Cauptain's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Brazil
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    So basically what you're saying is I won't be able to capture my desktop because of the HDCP feature with the Black Magic Intensity Pro, and I should look in to just using screen capturing software?
    No. You won't be able to capture your desktop because BMI no record any HDCP source.

    Check in Nivida site: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-560ti/specifications

    Check this article to HDCP:
    http://www.eetimes.com/design/communications-design/4013366/HDMI-DVI-HDCP-handshake-pr...-to-avoid-them

    No cookies for you



    Claudio

    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    Thanks Cauptain, I appreciate it greatly.

    Time to sell the BMI and purchase a good screen capturing software. You would recommend Mirillis Action?

    I'd just be looking for a screen capturing software that didn't use a ton of resources and cause my CPU usage to shoot up to 90%, therefore resulting in in-game choppiness. That's why I used DXTory for so long. People recommended that to me because they said it used very low CPU resources.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Lone soldier Cauptain's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Brazil
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    Thanks Cauptain, I appreciate it greatly.

    Time to sell the BMI and purchase a good screen capturing software. You would recommend Mirillis Action?

    I'd just be looking for a screen capturing software that didn't use a ton of resources and cause my CPU usage to shoot up to 90%, therefore resulting in in-game choppiness. That's why I used DXTory for so long. People recommended that to me because they said it used very low CPU resources.

    In my tests BANDICAM and ACTION has very nice quality/performance on my PC (similar your). Try both.

    My prefer is BANDICAM, because I can edit the "raw" capture file. Othe hand ACTION! denie this, its only export default profiles inside (Various problems, low bitarte, no cropping option, very bad).

    My Bandicam config:


    Name:  1bwFy.png
Views: 3110
Size:  29.2 KB




    Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  13. The message on your monitor about "signal out of reach", (it says RANGE, doesn't it?) is a very straightforward message indicating that the monitor is receiving a signal, but it is outside the ability of the monitor to display it. Usually resolution too high, or an invalid interlacing structure.

    I had not read that PC games are now implementing HDCP.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    So basically what you're saying is I won't be able to capture my desktop because of the HDCP feature with the Black Magic Intensity Pro, and I should look in to just using screen capturing software?
    No. You won't be able to capture your desktop because BMI no record any HDCP source.

    Check in Nivida site: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-560ti/specifications

    Check this article to HDCP:
    http://www.eetimes.com/design/communications-design/4013366/HDMI-DVI-HDCP-handshake-pr...-to-avoid-them

    No cookies for you



    Claudio

    The problem with the OP's monitor is probably not caused by HDCP.

    The PS3 applies HDCP to everything, but a PC does not. HDCP is only applied by a PC if the source requires it. For example, if you were playing a commercial Blu-Ray movie disc using PowerDVD, then HDCP would be applied, but video games ordinarily would not require HDCP protection. If Diablo III requires HDCP, then it is very unusual.

    In any case, using DVI does not prevent HDCP from being applied. Both HDMI and DVI support HDCP. VGA is analog, and does not support HDCP, but a source that requires HDCP will not work with VGA.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    So..

    I was talking to somebody on another forum who has the same graphics card as I do, and he said his works perfectly fine, but he had to buy an HDMI splitter..So I went out, bought an HDMI splitter, connected one HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot on my splitter, then connected the intensity pro and my monitor to the output slots of the splitter, but I still don't get a picture. My monitor still goes to sleep like nothing is connected.

    I set my screen resolution to 1280x720 60hz and adjusted all the settings of the intensity pro to properly match.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    Let me just say I feel like a complete idiot. Let me explain how I got this to work after tries, and tries, and buying extra HDMI cables and HDMI splitters.

    What I was trying to do was the following:
    Use an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the Intensity Pro card, and an HDMI cable from the OUTPUT slot of the Intensity Pro card to the HDMI port of my monitor. Trying this failed. I either got a still image of my desktop screen on my monitor, or my monitor would fall asleep.

    What I tried doing next:
    I bought an extra HDMI cable and an HDMI splitter. I connected an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the HDMI splitter, and then connected my monitor to one of the OUTPUT slots on the splitter, and an HDMI cable to the Intensity Pro(I tried both INPUT and OUTPUT slots). This failed also, my monitor would just go to sleep.

    What worked:
    One HDMI cable is all I needed. No splitters, no extra HDMI cables, just one. I connected an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the Intensity Pro. I then connected a VGA cable from my graphics card to my monitor. And voila. I can see my screen, and also when I open Xsplit or Media Express, I see my desktop to know it's getting the picture.

    Now to figure out if I can somehow get the VGA cable out of the equation and use an HDMI cable on my main monitor, because I need this VGA cable for my second monitor since it has no HDMI port. I guess I could go back, return my HDMI splitter, and pick up a VGA splitter instead to hook up my second monitor with VGA. The only negative is not being able to have my built-in speakers on my monitor work, since I'm not using an HDMI cable for my monitor anymore, but. That can be easily resolved with headphones or stand-alone speakers.

    I hope this can help people in the future for whoever googles this issue.
    Last edited by FoKuZStream; 13th May 2012 at 12:48.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Was the HDMI splitter active (one that plugs into a power source) or passive (no power needed)? Passive splitters are less likely to work well since they cut the signal strength in half.

    This popular model is one example of an active/powered splitter:
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=...seq=1&format=2
    Quote Quote  
  18. Lone soldier Cauptain's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Brazil
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    Let me just say I feel like a complete idiot. Let me explain how I got this to work after tries, and tries, and buying extra HDMI cables and HDMI splitters.

    What I was trying to do was the following:
    Use an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the Intensity Pro card, and an HDMI cable from the OUTPUT slot of the Intensity Pro card to the HDMI port of my monitor. Trying this failed. I either got a still image of my desktop screen on my monitor, or my monitor would fall asleep.

    What I tried doing next:
    I bought an extra HDMI cable and an HDMI splitter. I connected an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the HDMI splitter, and then connected my monitor to one of the OUTPUT slots on the splitter, and an HDMI cable to the Intensity Pro(I tried both INPUT and OUTPUT slots). This failed also, my monitor would just go to sleep.

    What worked:
    One HDMI cable is all I needed. No splitters, no extra HDMI cables, just one. I connected an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the Intensity Pro. I then connected a VGA cable from my graphics card to my monitor. And voila. I can see my screen, and also when I open Xsplit or Media Express, I see my desktop to know it's getting the picture.

    Now to figure out if I can somehow get the VGA cable out of the equation and use an HDMI cable on my main monitor, because I need this VGA cable for my second monitor since it has no HDMI port. I guess I could go back, return my HDMI splitter, and pick up a VGA splitter instead to hook up my second monitor with VGA. The only negative is not being able to have my built-in speakers on my monitor work, since I'm not using an HDMI cable for my monitor anymore, but. That can be easily resolved with headphones or stand-alone speakers.

    I hope this can help people in the future for whoever googles this issue.
    The connection PC=>BMI=>PC = FAIL and PC=>BMI=>PC output to VGA = WORK , correct??

    Its on BMI card only. Because PC=>AVERHD=>PC: work without problem (Okay, AMC have HDCP remove trick).

    Glad Your Problem solved otherwise.




    Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    The splitter was active. I had to use a power source.

    VGA PORT ON GRAPHICS CARD -> MONITOR
    HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT

    That's what worked for me.


    I ran some capture tests of the video quality which you can find here. It's broadcasting at 720p: http://www.twitch.tv/fokuzstream/b/318080900

    Although there is interlacing viewable on the capture, I have a feeling it's because my nvidia control panel settings for the monitor was set at 1080p. I JUST switched it to 1080i to match the BMIP settings, and will edit with a new video test.

    Also, if you guys are able to hear sound on that video, please let me know. I currently do not have headphones since I left my pair at a friends house, so I have no way of listening since I relied on my built in speakers when I was hooking up my monitor via hdmi.

    Newer video after changing the nvidia control panel screen resolution settings to 1080i: http://www.twitch.tv/fokuzstream/b/318084120 . There is no noticeable change. There's still interlacing.

    I guess it's just a new issue I'll have to google. If you guys have any suggestions on the interlacing issue, please share.
    Last edited by FoKuZStream; 13th May 2012 at 13:43.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    Let me just say I feel like a complete idiot. Let me explain how I got this to work after tries, and tries, and buying extra HDMI cables and HDMI splitters.

    What I was trying to do was the following:
    Use an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the Intensity Pro card, and an HDMI cable from the OUTPUT slot of the Intensity Pro card to the HDMI port of my monitor. Trying this failed. I either got a still image of my desktop screen on my monitor, or my monitor would fall asleep.

    What I tried doing next:
    I bought an extra HDMI cable and an HDMI splitter. I connected an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the HDMI splitter, and then connected my monitor to one of the OUTPUT slots on the splitter, and an HDMI cable to the Intensity Pro(I tried both INPUT and OUTPUT slots). This failed also, my monitor would just go to sleep.

    What worked:
    One HDMI cable is all I needed. No splitters, no extra HDMI cables, just one. I connected an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the INPUT slot of the Intensity Pro. I then connected a VGA cable from my graphics card to my monitor. And voila. I can see my screen, and also when I open Xsplit or Media Express, I see my desktop to know it's getting the picture.

    Now to figure out if I can somehow get the VGA cable out of the equation and use an HDMI cable on my main monitor, because I need this VGA cable for my second monitor since it has no HDMI port. I guess I could go back, return my HDMI splitter, and pick up a VGA splitter instead to hook up my second monitor with VGA. The only negative is not being able to have my built-in speakers on my monitor work, since I'm not using an HDMI cable for my monitor anymore, but. That can be easily resolved with headphones or stand-alone speakers.

    I hope this can help people in the future for whoever googles this issue.
    The connection PC=>BMI=>PC = FAIL and PC=>BMI=>PC output to VGA = WORK , correct??

    Its on BMI card only. Because PC=>AVERHD=>PC: work without problem (Okay, AMC have HDCP remove trick).

    Glad Your Problem solved otherwise.




    Claudio
    No. HDCP is not the problem here. You misunderstood. HDMI to BMI plus VGA to monitor works.

    [Edit]Never mind. The OP answered before I did.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    Also, to add to your guys' replies, the HDCP WAS the issue when trying to connect HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT / HDMI CABLE FROM BMIP OUTPUT SLOT -> MONITOR. When I checked the HDCP status on the graphics card when connecting with an HDMI cable, it was enabled. Now, connecting with VGA PORT ON GRAPHICS CARD -> MONITOR / HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT, the HDCP is no longer enabled on my graphics card.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    Newer video after changing the nvidia control panel screen resolution settings to 1080i: http://www.twitch.tv/fokuzstream/b/318084120 . There is no noticeable change. There's still interlacing.

    I guess it's just a new issue I'll have to google. If you guys have any suggestions on the interlacing issue, please share.

    Also, if you guys are able to hear sound on that video, please let me know. I currently do not have headphones since I left my pair at a friends house, so I have no way of listening since I relied on my built in speakers when I was hooking up my monitor via hdmi.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    The splitter was active. I had to use a power source.

    VGA PORT ON GRAPHICS CARD -> MONITOR
    HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT

    That's what worked for me.


    I ran some capture tests of the video quality which you can find here. It's broadcasting at 720p: http://www.twitch.tv/fokuzstream/b/318080900

    Although there is interlacing viewable on the capture, I have a feeling it's because my nvidia control panel settings for the monitor was set at 1080p. I JUST switched it to 1080i to match the BMIP settings, and will edit with a new video test.

    Also, if you guys are able to hear sound on that video, please let me know. I currently do not have headphones since I left my pair at a friends house, so I have no way of listening since I relied on my built in speakers when I was hooking up my monitor via hdmi.
    If twitch.tv broadcasts at 720p, it makes more sense to capture at 720p. I could hear sound when watching the test video at twitch.tv.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    When I switch my screen resolution to 1280x720, instead of changing the screen resolution to match the new settings, all it does is add HUGE black outlines on all 4 corners of the screen that takes up about 50% of the screen. I'm going to try to figure out how to get rid of those and have 1280x720 screen resolution full screen my monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    The only way is using software or get AVERTV HD with HDCP REMOVE PACK.

    Claudio
    Details on this?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Lone soldier Cauptain's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Brazil
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    Newer video after changing the nvidia control panel screen resolution settings to 1080i: http://www.twitch.tv/fokuzstream/b/318084120 . There is no noticeable change. There's still interlacing.

    I guess it's just a new issue I'll have to google. If you guys have any suggestions on the interlacing issue, please share.

    Also, if you guys are able to hear sound on that video, please let me know. I currently do not have headphones since I left my pair at a friends house, so I have no way of listening since I relied on my built in speakers when I was hooking up my monitor via hdmi.
    Yes. Both videos have crystal sound.


    Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 13th May 2012 at 14:17.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by scotty588 View Post
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    The only way is using software or get AVERTV HD with HDCP REMOVE PACK.

    Claudio
    Details on this?
    OP of this reply is from Brazil. As far as I know, removing HDCP from products in the United States is illegal. So AverMedia might ship the HDCP remove pack with its international purchases, and leave it out for USA purchases. Just my guess.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Lone soldier Cauptain's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Brazil
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by scotty588 View Post
    Details on this?

    Of course my friend, look here:
    AVERTV HD HDCP REMOVE PACK RELEASED!!!



    Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  29. Lone soldier Cauptain's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Brazil
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    I guess it's just a new issue I'll have to google. If you guys have any suggestions on the interlacing issue, please share.
    Easy solution: Open video on VIRTUALDUB, Video tab, filters, Deinterlace, select YADIF + double frame rate (top field) save new AVI. If not work select (bottom Field). Use a codec like UT VIDEO or LAGARITH or HUFFYUV.

    Your file is full 1080p in 59.94 or 60.00 FPS (like original video).

    Lots of deinterlace options, avisynth QTGMC is better to this, but its slow. check in Videohelp, very nice tutorials about this.



    Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    Also, to add to your guys' replies, the HDCP WAS the issue when trying to connect HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT / HDMI CABLE FROM BMIP OUTPUT SLOT -> MONITOR. When I checked the HDCP status on the graphics card when connecting with an HDMI cable, it was enabled. Now, connecting with VGA PORT ON GRAPHICS CARD -> MONITOR / HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT, the HDCP is no longer enabled on my graphics card.
    In this case "HDCP enabled" means HDCP could be used if the source required it, not that it is actually being applied. If the source required HDCP, you could not see a picture on the monitor when VGA was being used to connect your PC to your monitor. The point of HDCP is to prevent a picture from being transmitted unless the graphics card, the connection to the monitor, and the monitor itself all support HDCP.

    Your monitor went to sleep previously when connected via the BMI's HDMI out at 1080i/1080p because the the BMI cannot accept a or pass through a 1080p signal, and the monitor cannot display a 1080i signal.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads