VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to shrink a 3DBD 50GB to a 3DBD25 OR try another encoding program for SBS Mkv. DVDfab has not been successful at completing this as it fails with my complete backup of Tron 3d at around 40% when trying to go from bd50 to bd25. I am trying to avoid DVDfab and see if there is another way of doing this. I have tried other programs but they want the decrypted folders and files. AnyDVD will only export to .ISO if it is 3d, so I am stuck here as well. I have also tried going the SBS MKV but there seems to be noticable ghosting, whereas the copy of the blu ray lacks that. I am willing to try another program but i'm still stuck at the .iso. Anywho, are there other programs out there that will enable me decrypt the files and allow me to use other programs i.e bdrebuilder, 3dbd buster, ect...

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try breaking your project into steps:

1. Rip to an unencrypted/decrypted ISO, Folder or Disc. Without re-encoding.
    2. Convert your decrypted SSIF files (M2TS containing MVC video) to SbS. This WILL require re-encoding (probably to 1x AVC video stream, but possibly 2x AVC streams, in various containers).

There should be NO major ghosting using SbS (or T/B, or anything else except Anaglyph). If so, you're doing something wrong.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I actually figured out the ghosting issue. I had an overscan with my graphics card due to my old dlp. Now that I got my plasma I never thought to resize the resolution back to 1920x1080. Once I changed it I immediately noticed a difference when playing through Xmbc. Crazy how something like that could affect the movies and ghosting. Guess i learned something new. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Use frame sequential for shrink 3DBD 50gb in 25gb.
    I use this method, and it's works fine.
    Need help for Blu-Ray Shrink
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    do you have dvdfab's latest beta? 8182b should be able to do it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only for PC, not work on BD-player.
    Last edited by Cedvano; 18th May 2012 at 03:41.
    Need help for Blu-Ray Shrink
    Quote Quote