VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I ripped a blu ray disk into my hard disk using DVD Fab 8 free version. I got the files in sub folders BDMV and Certificate. My question is, how can I make a backup of the movie in a BD25 ? (the movie will fit easily in the disc) I am afraid to do this by trial and error due to the expensive recordable BD disks!

I have all the hardware required to do so. That is not the issue.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It is unclear from your post whether you are saying that you ripped a single layer BD disc (These do exist as some foreign films and films with no extras may only be on single layer commercial BD discs) or that you ripped a dual layer BD disc but just the film will fit in a single layer BD disc. If it's the latter, johns0's link will not help you. You will need to install and use BDRebuilder to pull the movie out of your rip into proper BD compatible format before you try to burn it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The op did say the files ripped to a BDMV folder so there's no need to use BDRebuilder unless the folder is bigger than 23.3 gb,25gb isnt the true size of the bd-r disc as most people here know.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at it.

I said it will fit on a BD25. total ripped files size is 20.6.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    The op did say the files ripped to a BDMV folder so there's no need to use BDRebuilder unless the folder is bigger than 23.3 gb,25gb isnt the true size of the bd-r disc as most people here know.
    He only said that the film itself would fit on a BD-25. He did not specifically say that the entire rip was that size. Being a mod you know as well as I do that many people come here and inadequately describe their true situation. I was just covering the bases in case he was one of them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Worked! Thank you all for your support. That was the first step and the easier one. Now on to a BD50 to BD25. Thats when BD rebuilder is needed. I've been reading some guides and following the steps but there is a "little" problem. I installed avisynth and when start BDRB it does not recognize avisynth.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BD rebuilder requires a specific version. Check the authors thread,you can get the correct version there. BD reuilder includes a file called inspect.exe,double click it and it shows the status of the program.
    Quote Quote  
  8. BD rebuilder version 0.38.02, avisynth 2.5.8. Inspect shows it as 2.5.8.0 and says it's ok. Yet BDRB does not run. I am usin a guide at DVD-Guides.com
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try updating to the NEWEST/LATEST version of BDRB.

The version you just stated as having is 22 versions old!!

Quote Quote  
  10. Updated BDRB. It still gives me the error. Is there a special requirement when installing avisynth or when running BDRRB? Inspect.exe still recognizes avisynth and states it is ok.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you have Vista or Win 7 you must run BDRB as Administrator at least the first time you run it. I do not know about XP. If you have not been running it as Administrator and have Vista or Win 7, try that. If you still have errors, post the error here. The download site is hosted on doom9.net and it is absolutely critical that you follow the instructions there when trying to set it up for the first time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Running windows 7 professional as administrator. Message is "Program must abort. BD Rebuilder requires Avisynth to work." I've also followed dooms guide it has always given me this same error.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't do something right when you installed Avisynth then. You need to focus on that. This page contains some brief installation instructions including telling you where to copy a dll file. That may be your problem. Put it where it says to put it for XP (it's the same for XP, Vista and Win 7).
    http://neuron2.net/LVG/software.html
    Quote Quote  
  14. That is what I suspect. I have only briefly used Avisynth a while back (some years ago) so i am not knowledgeable about it. I am trying to post on Dooms but can not register. This has not been my day!

I will look at this information and post back during the week.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote